ScubaPro Litehawk BCD - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Gear Reviews and Q&A

Old 08-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #1
Mingo

Default ScubaPro Litehawk BCD

I am thinking about replacing my very old dacor BC with a scubapro litehawk wing style BC. Looking to find out the pros and cons from folks who have experience with either this BC or another wing style.
Seems like you give up the ability to float on the surface like a bouy but is that really a bad thing ....other downsides or upsides?
Daydreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2016, 10:15 PM   #2
Grouper

I have a litehawk and have 50-100 dives in it. I like it on average. Took a bit of adjustment for me to get it comfortable but now I am used to it. All I wanted was a way to strap a tank to me, 4+ D rings to clip stuff to, and a small wing for lift. It fits the bill fairly well.

Upsides are it is fairly cheap by SCUBA standards. No real downside as long as it fits you well. Mine hasn't leaked or anything like that. Before using it even once I swapped out the bottom tank strap for a scuba pro sure cinch or whatever they call the good strap with a metal cam because I hate the plastic cam straps.

I dive HP steel 100s. With those tanks, I don't wear a weight belt or put any weight in the pockets if I am in a full 3/2. I will throw a couple of pounds in the pockets when I am in my 5mm.

I can't comment on spending time on the surface because I don't do it.
DreamWeaver21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in