Backplate adjustments - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Gear Reviews and Q&A

Old 03-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
Trigger

Default Backplate adjustments

Finally got a DiveRite plate and wing,, couple of questions???
1. the weight pockets are on slide loops on the waist band, I am sorta thin around the middle and this takes up a lot of space ,,,, do they make weight pouches that attach to the plate?

2.speaking of space, the shoulder straps have quick release at the connection to the waist belt.... the assembly is about 3 inches long,, is there a more compact one, or is it possible to attach the straps under the waist band directiy to the bottom of the plate?

Thanks....
Sailorboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
Videographer
Sailfish

This is the basis for the system ....all other parts are extra.....as are weights if you switch to steel tanks. If you still need weight.....then it can be added to the backplate, a seperate harness, or a simple weight belt.
You may choose to keep or eliminate the crotch strap....but I'd keep it...since once you get use to it - its not an issue.....and it can keep you in the rig on the surface.
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #3
Trigger

ok,, great pic,, i see the difference, the shoulder straps in the pic are attached to the lower corners of the plate, and then become the waist strap. Mine has a waist strap then the shoulder straps are connected at a steel plate woven on the waist band. the rig in the pic does not have quick release on the vertical straps.... THANKS
Sailorboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
Videographer
Sailfish

The quick release...ect. can be nice....but not needed. With this rig - the belt does all the work. The shoulder straps only hold weight when out of the water...and serve as an attachment point for gear.....they should be loose when in the water...not snugged tight. The rig in the pic...and most "hogartian" rigs are built with a single - uncut piece of webbing making up the entire harnes. The crotchstrap is of course seperate.
You could configure yours like this....Most likely the backplate already has the appropriate slots.....or you could do something in-between and keep a few amenities of the current configuration.
Good luck.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorboy View Post
the weight pockets are on slide loops on the waist band, I am sorta thin around the middle and this takes up a lot of space ,,,, do they make weight pouches that attach to the plate?
I have the same backplate harness Firefish posted and my simple solution was to just attach my weights to the backplate with zip ties. Works great and keeps them out of my way.
cuzmondo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in