Spearfishing Liveaboard Trip November 7-11 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Spearfishing

Old 10-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
Mingo

Default Spearfishing Liveaboard Trip November 7-11

Please shoot me a PM if you're interested in joining us on a five-day trip to the Dry Tortugas. We have about six open slots, but we also have a few folks on the fence, so don't delay if you want in.

Ideally, we're looking for experienced, self-sufficient divers with an AOW cert or above, or the equivalent experience. Dives will be in the 60 to 110ft range on natural coral reefs. You should be comfortable diving from a boat, and you should be comfortable waiting on the surface for the boat to come pick you up (usually no longer than 10 minutes). A working safety sausage is REQUIRED for all divers.

Spearfishing is optional. Targets will include mostly lobster, hogfish, and red grouper. Gags and black grouper can also be found here, but they're a bit more challenging to put on the boat. There are beautiful coral reefs to explore or photograph if you're not interested in hunting.

The Ultimate Getaway will depart Ft. Meyers (South of Tampa) at 7:00pm on Thursday November 7, 2013 Return to the Marina is expected to be at approximately 5:00pm on Monday November 11, 2013.

The trip organizer requires a $200 deposit to hold your spot. The total cost for the 5 days is $1,150 which pays for four days of diving (usually a total of about 20 dives). This price includes all meals and non-alcoholic beverages (BYOB). You'll be responsible for getting to the dock and back, but there are other folks leaving from the Pensacola area, so you should be able to car pool.

The boat supplies LP95 tanks, and air fills are included in the price. You can pay a premium to bring your own tank, and you can pay an upcharge (usually $40) to get Nitrox fills for the entire trip.

For additional information regarding the trip, (menu, maps, itinerary, “Things to Bring”, waiver, etc), please visit the Ultimate Getaway web-page: www.ultimategetaway.net

Once again, please shoot me a PM if you're interested in joining us.

Some pics from a previous trip:

El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
SaltWaterDave
Sailfish

Wow!!! I would love to do this. I can't make this one but will you please post up again when you are ding another trip like this?
naclh2oDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by naclh2oDave View Post
Wow!!! I would love to do this. I can't make this one but will you please post up again when you are ding another trip like this?
will do.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in