spear fishing pensacola beach - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Spearfishing
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Unread 04-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default spear fishing pensacola beach

I am new into spearfishing, but have enjoyed it every time I have went. However I have recently learned that It is illegal in a lot of areas near Pensacola. I was just needing to know if it is illegal to spearfish the artificial reef about 5 miles east of Pensacola beach. I went and scouted the area and there seems to be a lot of good marine life. I haven't seen any posted signs, but I also do not want any trouble from the law or a $400 fine.

Help would be much appreciated thank you.
kluna11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2019, 09:33 PM   #2
Grouper

Welcome to the forum. 5 miles from the beach you should be okay. The link below should help clear things up for you.

https://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/...onal/spearing/
afishanado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2019, 09:53 PM   #3
eating tasty
White Marlin

Default spear fishing pensacola beach

Simple rule of thumb, if you enter the water from a vessel (could be a kayak or canoe even) and its right on the beach, unless otherwise prohibited, as long as you are 100yards off the shore, you are ok.If you wade straight off the beach into the water with a gun or pole spear in hand, not legal. I guess because you are would armed within (and on) the 100 yard exclusion zone. Even though you would be spearing the exact same body of water and area. I hope that makes sense.
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-23-2019, 02:05 AM   #4
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
Simple rule of thumb, if you enter the water from a vessel (could be a kayak or canoe even) and its right on the beach, unless otherwise prohibited, as long as you are 100yards off the shore, you are ok.If you wade straight off the beach into the water with a gun or pole spear in hand, not legal. I guess because you are would armed within (and on) the 100 yard exclusion zone. Even though you would be spearing the exact same body of water and area. I hope that makes sense.
Where did you get this 100 yard exclusion rule? Never heard of it. Can you post the source? I see where the exclusion is 100 yards of a public swimming beach, but I never took that to mean the whole beach.

Last edited by jspooney; 04-23-2019 at 02:09 AM.
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2019, 02:42 AM   #5
Low speed, low drag.
Grand Slam

http://www.eregulations.com/florida/...ater/spearing/
grouper22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in