Spear 20-27# Snapper Thurs Fri Sat or Sun!!! Need 3 divers - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Spearfishing

Old 07-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
Blue Marlin

Default Spear 20-27# Snapper Thurs Fri Sat or Sun!!! Need 3 divers

Looking for 3 people per day, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, July 12-16th. Room for 3 divers each day.

3 tanks, 4-6 dives each, depths 67' to 120' (have deeper spots too), we can stay on the shallow side if you prefer.

I have close to 200 unpublished numbers
in state and federal waters that are top producers. I have only went out on these spots 3 times up until last Saturday. These were my sacred spearfishing tournament spots that I wouldn't go to other than a tourney, but decided with short snapper seasons, it is time to make use of them. You WILL have multiple opportunities to shoot 20+ pound snappers, guaranteed.

2010 Guns & Hoses Spearfishing Tournament. Bad seas, only went half day and hit a couple spots Lane took 1st with 24.8# and one I'm holding up 17.8, and don't have record of everyone elses that day.
Spear 20-27# Snapper Thurs Fri Sat or Sun!!! Need 3 divers-1-jpg

Spear 20-27# Snapper Thurs Fri Sat or Sun!!! Need 3 divers-3-jpg

2011 Snapper Shootout. Bad seas, and the boat Paul Pierce and I went on for tourney broke down. Only got couple dives in, and didn't make it to weigh in on time. Weighed our fish at Gulf Breeze bait & Tackle on there certified scales. Mine was 24.55 pounds and Paul's was 16.10
Spear 20-27# Snapper Thurs Fri Sat or Sun!!! Need 3 divers-dscn0283-jpg

Spear 20-27# Snapper Thurs Fri Sat or Sun!!! Need 3 divers-dscn0281-jpg

2012 Guns & Hoses Spearfishing Tournament. Went out with Haulin Ash, Below me, Grouper Ninja. Weighed 7 of our limit of 8 snapper, smallest 13.96 pounds, largest Grouper Ninja shot 19.9 pounds.

Spear 20-27# Snapper Thurs Fri Sat or Sun!!! Need 3 divers-2-jpg

I decided as many of these spots that I have, and with many of them having multiple huge snapper, and the season about to close, why save them just for tourneys, and wait till next year? Last Saturday went out with Sniper and April. Got our 5 person limit of 10 snapper, bunch of huge triggers, a gag, and nice gray snapper. I again took mine to the certified scales, 26.80 pounds. And my trigger (most the other triggers were bigger) 8.56 pounds.
Spear 20-27# Snapper Thurs Fri Sat or Sun!!! Need 3 divers-8-jpg

Spear 20-27# Snapper Thurs Fri Sat or Sun!!! Need 3 divers-11-jpg

Out of only 4 times hitting these spots, 24.8#, 24.55#, 19.9", and 26.90 pound snappers, with almost all the others more 14 pounds and up. If you want to be surrounded by prehistoric looking snappers (it's up to your skills to get them in the cooler!), this is your chance.

Team Chunky Love has partnered up with Team A Salt Weapon, and it's on. Over the next four days is your chance to get on a licenced spearfishing charter, all proper permits, 2 licenced captains, top of the line vessel "A Salt Weapon", is a smooth riding 28' center console with a wide 10' beam, and go fast twin 250 hp 4-stroke Yamahas to get us to the spots quick. Plenty of storage, with below deck storage for tanks so deck is uncluttered.

For the next 4 days, cost for 3 tank, 4-6 dives each person (as many as time allows for), all on these prime unpublished numbers is only $110 per person based on 3 passengers. Covers gas, ice, and grilled lunch on the boat.

This is only for the next 4 days
to cover expences to get out and clear some of these fish overcrowding thees spots. After, charters will be at normal going rates. Locally, going rate for 2 dive charters at the Oriskany or any other similar dive trip runs about $165. This is smokin deal to dive exclusively on all unpublished numbers with a perfect track record, worst day with 19.9 pound snapper being the biggest. All other days 24+ pound to 26+ snappers in the cooler.

I know splitting normal trip expense with friends runs around $50-$80, but if you look at how many more pounds of meat you will come home with after shooting your limit of these sized fish, you come out way ahead figuring $8-$10 per pound. Not to mention thrill of bustin the big ones. And as always, a rockin good time when we're out.

If you are newer, and looking to learn, don't be shy, have spots covered in snapper and trigger as shallow as 67', and an experienced person can dive with you and help out. Great chance to learn.

Price is based on having 3 passengers, per day. For only 2 people it would be $165 per person.

Contact me, either pm on here, by email me at [email protected]., or text or call me (850) 777-1221
If you have any questions, I can have filled tanks for you for tomorrow (Thursday) if this isn't enough notice to get tanks. Tomorrow we will be launching out of Pensacola at 8:30am

Time to kill some fish!!!! So easy, a caveman can do it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Sailfish

1 spot filled for tomorrow confirmed. 2 left
Old 07-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Sailfish

Quote:
You WILL have multiple opportunities to shoot 20+ pound snappers, guaranteed.
Wow that's a bold statement!

Working on it, would love to go...

Click for Spearfishing, Astrophotography, Timelapse, Diving, Fishing, Skiing, Warrior Dash videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jdbeach2...?sort=p&view=0

aquatic argobull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

I know, but it's the truth. Whether you get them to the cooler or not is on you! But ask Sniper, Lane, Brandy, Paul Pierce, Jamesw21, Grouper Ninja, Haulin Ash, Below me, Zack, (all members on here), and Jordan from Scuba Shack (that's all the people who have been on these with me) if they didn't all see 20# plus snappers.

In fact, if you don't, I will cover $30 of your trip so it only comes out to what an average split cost trip would be!

And Derik just called me, dropped the price to $100. And if anybody wants to bring there non-diving wife/girlfriend/mistress, they are welcome to come along for an extra $15 and get a little sunshine, and be totally impressed and think you are such a stud when they you yo hand your stringer of monsters up!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
Blue Marlin

Tomorrow 2 filled, only one more spot left. Friday tentatively full, not confirmed yet.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

Walking out the door heading to MBT to drop tanks off, then to Pcola Beach for free oysters, so won't be on here tilltonight. Can only get ahold of me by phone (text or call) for the rest of the evening.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
Jeremy Hoekstra
Sailfish

Alyssa and I wanna go Saturday, I'll shoot you a text.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #8
Whizzed off realist
White Marlin

Just curious... because this IS a charter... do you have federal reef permits to do this? If you do, more power to you, kill'em... but more than one person faced near $20,000.00 fines for not having the proper permits for this. If it's free, I wanna go.
Burnt Drag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
Trigger

Default If its free?

Nothing is free!!!!
capt mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #10
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Drag
Just curious... because this IS a charter... do you have federal reef permits to do this? If you do, more power to you, kill'em... but more than one person faced near $20,000.00 fines for not having the proper permits for this. If it's free, I wanna go.
Stirring the pot....
marmidor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in