Short Dive video from Saturday - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Spearfishing

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
SaltWaterDave
Sailfish
 
naclh2oDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gulf Breeze
Posts: 1,845
Default Short Dive video from Saturday

A little salvage and a few lion fish


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwCFfHOSgdw
aquatic argobull likes this.
naclh2oDave is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,478
Default

Dang, that is a nice salvage job. I am sure someone was crying whenever the table fell over the side...
polar21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
IT'S ALL GOOD !
Sailfish
 
jcasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 1,352
Default

Nice job on clearing out some of those Lionfish. Tank looked like it was still in pretty good shape. I have a few numbers for some tanks and have not been able to find them yet. by the looks of that tank, the numbers that I have are way off because that thing still has a lot of relief on it.
__________________
Thru the Pass !
jcasey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
SaltWaterDave
Sailfish
 
naclh2oDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gulf Breeze
Posts: 1,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by polar21 View Post
Dang, that is a nice salvage job. I am sure someone was crying whenever the table fell over the side...
Yeah, there was maybe a deck hand working for free that day!
naclh2oDave is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #5
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 1,600
Default

nice..... good job on the lions....
__________________
Dive Commander
Escambia Search and Rescue
Volunteers Always Needed
no woryz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2014, 11:26 PM   #6
Senior Member
Grand Slam
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gulf Breeze
Posts: 12,201
Default

great video Dave. What were the fish at the tank?
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #7
SaltWaterDave
Sailfish
 
naclh2oDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gulf Breeze
Posts: 1,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspooney View Post
great video Dave. What were the fish at the tank?

Two little mangroves and a porgy, I shot every legal thing there that I saw , lol!
naclh2oDave is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #8
26' blue sea hunt
Snapper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Santa Rosa Beach - Head out thru Destin pass
Posts: 494
Default

This is not a loaded question but what do you do with the lion fish. I know they need to be purged off our reefs. But of all the videos i have seen and lots of lion fish being caught. Do you keep them and eat them or do you just purge the reefs and do what with them when you get back? Chum? chuck? I dont know just an honest question. We were in marathon key the week of may 23 with the kiddos. We ate at a restaurant there called Castaways. They had lionfish on the menu. The owner would go out and spear them and pulled his boat up to the restaurant to unload them into the kitchen. it was a pretty cool presentation! My wife and a friend ordered it and said it was pretty good. It came out on a plate with the head and tail in tact and then the filet cooked in the middle. lol
__________________
There's a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success!
Salty Daze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #9
Senior Member
Grand Slam
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gulf Breeze
Posts: 12,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naclh2oDave View Post
Two little mangroves and a porgy, I shot every legal thing there that I saw , lol!
lol, I've been known to do that a time or 2.
naclh2oDave likes this.
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 10:19 PM   #10
SaltWaterDave
Sailfish
 
naclh2oDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gulf Breeze
Posts: 1,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Daze View Post
This is not a loaded question but what do you do with the lion fish. I know they need to be purged off our reefs. But of all the videos i have seen and lots of lion fish being caught. Do you keep them and eat them or do you just purge the reefs and do what with them when you get back? Chum? chuck? I dont know just an honest question. We were in marathon key the week of may 23 with the kiddos. We ate at a restaurant there called Castaways. They had lionfish on the menu. The owner would go out and spear them and pulled his boat up to the restaurant to unload them into the kitchen. it was a pretty cool presentation! My wife and a friend ordered it and said it was pretty good. It came out on a plate with the head and tail in tact and then the filet cooked in the middle. lol
I eat them!!! They are delicious!! I usually eat a few as I clean the rest. I will fillet them and then chunk them into bite size pieces and soak in soy sauce. My youngest son (3yo) likes them this way best. Then I pan sear the rest in olive oil and seasonings. They never last, the 16 that I got on that trip are gone. Between eating them raw as I clean them, eating them raw as I cook them and eating them cooked, they don't last long around my house. Definitely one of the better fish that I shoot.
aquatic argobull likes this.
naclh2oDave is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.