New to P.Cola, Awaiting IFS - Looking for other Spearos - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Spearfishing

Old 08-05-2017, 06:46 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default New to P.Cola, Awaiting IFS - Looking for other Spearos

Hey Everyone,

Just moved out here and awaiting IFS/Flight school with the Marine Corps. I'm relatively new to spearfishing and freediving; l'm looking for other spearos that want to free dive and could possibly teach me new skills; eager to learn and get out into the water. Was actually thinking about going out tomorrow.
g-ski89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2017, 12:18 AM   #2
Cigar Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-ski89 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Just moved out here and awaiting IFS/Flight school with the Marine Corps. I'm relatively new to spearfishing and freediving; l'm looking for other spearos that want to free dive and could possibly teach me new skills; eager to learn and get out into the water. Was actually thinking about going out tomorrow.
Hey there I'm in the same boat, should be finishing IFS in the next 2 weeks. I'll probably check out that reef near Fort Pickens tomorrow morning, PM me your number and we'll make something work!

-Neil
cg5515 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Hey Neil, it wouldn't let me PM you, not sure why.

But whenever you wanna meet up and go spearfishing let me know. I've been out to couple of spots, but lately the weather has been terrible along with the visibility. I've been to the Fort Pickens jetty, I think, and wasn't able to see anything. I've also been out to Park East snorkeling reef and that was pretty cool. I'm looking to get a jet ski sometime this week and we can go out a few miles. Here's my number 315-559-8259. I'm awaiting IFS so I'm pretty much free whenever.
g-ski89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #4
Cigar Minnow

Just an FYI, spearfishing is prohibited at Ft. Pickens. I've heard of people getting tickets for it out there and have definitely seen FWC out there doing patrols. This is all I've been able to find about it but it seems pretty clear: https://www.nps.gov/guis/upload/Divi...Snorkeling.doc
Park East on the other hand is just on the west side of Gulf Islands National Seashore and is legal for spearfishing although they tried to make it an "ordinance" a few years ago. Good luck out there gentlemen and enjoy IFS.

Cheers!
Pacman1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2017, 10:04 AM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

If you are ever in the Destin area, drop by Benthic Spearfishing/Ocean Sports and give your email to John or Mike. John is putting together a Slack (kind of messaging/texting app) for spearos/freedivers who are looking for other spearos/freedivers to dive/hunt with.
The idea is to keep freedive spearos from hunting alone.

Cheers and good hunting
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in