Interested in spearfishing - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Spearfishing

Old 01-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Interested in spearfishing

Hi, I am wondering if anyone wouldn't mind me tagging along on one of their dives. I have all my own dive gear, but no spearfishing gear yet. I would just like to ride along and learn what I can. I'm willing to drive, chip in for gas, buy beers or whatever.
giancjam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Welcome to the forum! Lot of real good experienced divers and spearfishers on here to learn from. I've learned a lot from some of them over the years.

Little advice, tell everyone a little about yourself, experience level, etc., what city you live in. A lot of people before having someone on there boat for an entire day, and being at depth in the water with them where things could go wrong, like to know a little more. Here's a post I put up a couple weeks ago explaining the reason why.

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/f45/need-diver-3-tank-oriskany-1-5-a-105764/

Every Wednesday night at Lattitudes Bar next to the pool behind the Hilton on P-Cola beach is free oysters, and a lot of people on here go there. Several divers too, and it's a great chance to meet some good friends...bs about diving etc, and make some connections.

Also, MBT Dive Shop is having another spearfishing seminar Friday evening February 10th. Lots of good info, usually a sale going on, and you'll meet a ton of dirty, lying unscroupolous divers...ha ha. Seriously, it's a great way to meet local divers.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Thanks for the great advice.

A little bit about myself: I'm originally from Minnesota, but moved to Milton for flight school. I haven't started training yet so I've got tons of time on my hands for now. As far as diving goes I have my advanced, rescue and nitrox certifications. I have been certified to dive for about 2 years now and have done 25 dives (all from the beach). I have done a couple of night dives and deep dives (down to 90 ft). I'm very comfortable in the water and have never had any problems with equalizing my ears or anything like that.

If there is anything else you'd like to know I'd be more than willing to fill you in.
giancjam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
Blue Marlin

Sounds like you put some effort into it getting the extra certs. Good for you. If your able yo should try and make it to the beach one Wednesday if you can.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in