Gulf Breeze fishing rodeo has added spearfishing this weekend! !! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Spearfishing

Like Tree4Likes

Old 05-15-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Gulf Breeze fishing rodeo has added spearfishing this weekend! !!

Just talked to Ron Who is in charge of the rodeo this year they added 5 spearfishing categories this year Amberjack,
Grey snapper, flounder, scamp grouper and largest lionfish
giving 3 places in each category 1st $100 2nd $50 3rd $25 the entry fee is $25 pp weigh in is from 2-5 both days may 17-18 he said there would be food both days there is an optional captins meeting on Thursday @4 at shoreline park you can sign up at all local dive shops

Last edited by TONER; 05-15-2014 at 02:10 PM.
TONER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
Grouper

I forgot to mention my team and I plan to win all categories except flounder (I hate starring at sand) so if you enter just need to look for flounder :-)
Cajun Spearit likes this.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:08 PM   #3
Grouper

c'mon Toner, you talked the talk.....how'd ya'll do?
I stopped by the weigh in yesterday to drop a buddy some gas at the ramp and checked in on the tourney and saw Miller Time there with your weigh-ins...How'd ya'll fair?
Billybob+ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2014, 08:39 AM   #4
Sailfish

They did well. They took 1st and 2nd largest lionfish. My 12-year-old took 3rd. They won a bunch of other fish categories. My son and I won the most lionfish prize.
and be nothing.”—Aristotle
WhackUmStackUm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhackUmStackUm View Post
They did well. They took 1st and 2nd largest lionfish. My 12-year-old took 3rd. They won a bunch of other fish categories. My son and I won the most lionfish prize.
Yeah, good to see you WhackUm and son...your son seems to be a sharp, respectable young man...and a good diver to boot!! Good job on the lionfish!!
WhackUmStackUm likes this.
Cajun Spearit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #6
Grouper

We had 7 spots on the board between 3 of us but found out when they started giving the prizes that you can only place one time ! Not per category just one time so we lost out on 4 places we had 1st Amberjack, 1st grouper ,2nd and 3rd snapper, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lionfish so we just ended up with 3, 1st places oh well I guess we know for next year
Old 05-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #7
Grouper

You know, you've been killin' bunches of those 30+ pound AJ. you need to add them (the ones you've killed) to the Derby...you never know, they might stick a place...unlike the optimist, you can have multiple places on the Derby Board....I think???

don't be gettin' mad a me at the end of the year when I take 3rd, 4th and 5th with fish smaller than some you didn't even enter

I saw MillerTime there and asked where you were, figured I'd introduce myself but he said you guys had trouble you were resolving.

hope all is well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONER View Post
We had 7 spots on the board between 3 of us but found out when they started giving the prizes that you can only place one time ! Not per category just one time so we lost out on 4 places we had 1st Amberjack, 1st grouper ,2nd and 3rd snapper, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lionfish so we just ended up with 3, 1st places oh well I guess we know for next year
Billybob+ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #8
Grouper

Yep I pulled a Billy Bob and lost a trailer tire while in tow the bad part was I had no idea I lost it until we were almost to the launch it was still dark out and the odd thing was we never felt it fall off we drove 20 miles with 3 tires so we launched and went diving I called the wife she was lucky enough to find the wheel and tire down the road about a mile from the house and brought it to the launch
aquatic argobull likes this.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #9
stonecoldshooter
Sailfish

Toner, they put stephen27's snapper under rod and reel by mistake. It never made it to the board. I was worried (due to that) that they were really messing up the final numbers. It took me half way through the awards to figure out what was going on. Very strange.
Anyway, congrats to you guys for taking 3 1st place.
I was hoping we could meet, but truth be told, I was exhausted. Hoping for rain so we wouldn't have to wash the boat.
We put 5 on the board with one knocked off, and one being rod and reel. Stephen27's black snapper was a stud.
Did I count right, there were only four boats spearing?
Old 05-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #10
Jeremy Hoekstra
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONER View Post
I called the wife she was lucky enough to find the wheel and tire down the road about a mile from the house and brought it to the launch
Shes a keeper! :-p

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in