Wireless Computers - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > General Scuba Chat

Old 04-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Wireless Computers

My Oceanic ProPlus 2 screwed up on me this weekend. Second dive would not work. acting very strange..... Sending in for warranty repairs. Maybe on sale soon! Interested in the wireless to loose a hose. Any Thought or Ideas? Looking at the discontinued Oceanic VT Pro (the VT3 is the new replacement)!

Later,

Jay
jlbdvm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: Wireless Computers

sorry put in the wrong place - should be under equipment topic! Don't try to work and play at the same time!

Jay
Old 05-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

No Input?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
Grouper

Send a message via MSN to bmoore

I personally would not trust it. Maybe if I had one given to me and had a backup.

Could be some fud (fear uncertianty and doubt) should the thing malfunction. Could mislead you to believe you had more air? It is hard to say.

I would stick to my analog pressure guages. On my double rig I have a pressure guage off each post. This offers a back up and you can glance to either side to see remaining air.

Just my thoughts. Might need the opinion of someone who owns one....
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #5
Sailfish

I dont own one but I think they are as reliable as the hose mounted ones. I have researched them and they seem solid. I like the idea of having it one mu wrist cause I hate grabing the consol all the time to check it. If you have plenty of money look at the Genisis it is awsome!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:03 AM   #6
Cigar Minnow

i have the vt 3 and i love it. if you want me to make a call i could see how much i can get the aries elite 3 for i think thats the same as the vt3.. the guy i deal with gives me great deals Pm me if u wont
stichrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 08:18 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Thanks guys for the input! All of you hit my concerns and advantages. The air-intergrated Oceanic ProPlus 2 was the one that malfunctioned on me before the dive so I new I had no on board info. So Needless to say I stayed in my buddys back pocket. Computers have come along way. When I started diving in the early 70's - I used a Royal AquaMaster double hose regulator, J-valve and Mae West CO2 safety vest!!! No computer, BC, seaview gauge (pressure) - so all the new advancements are great!! Still Miss that J-valve though!!

I dove a lot between 1973 - 1982! After I left Auburn after graduation did not dive until this past year! Got recertified again along with Nitrox! Ya know career, job, raising a family, running a clinic - sorta of gets in the way. Now My kids are grown and My youngest Graduates from Auburn in 2 weeks, if time to get back to my diving love again! Wife is not to thrilled but okay I can take it!

So I'm still in the decision mode!

Thanks again!

Jay
Old 05-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #8
Grouper

You didn't say you were an Auburn grad, that changes everything:doh

Just kidding, the wireless air integrated computers have come a long way from their predecessors. Like Brian, I prefer a simple brassSPG with nothing else on it, no console, no computer, no depth guage. I rely on my computer for depth and bottom time informationon recreational dives(I do carry a back up computer should one fail.) But I think that the new air integrated computerson the marketare outstanding units.

I personally prefer the TUSA IQ700

this is the two gas computer that almost every manufacturer on the market is making these days. Dive Rite , Zeagle, Tusa, and several others produce this computer. It is not air integrated, but it is programmable for two Nitrox mixtures on one dive, and you can switch on the fly to another mix while underwater. Pretty cool set up.

If I had to go with an air integrated unit with a transducer then I would probably go with the Oceanic VT3.

One of the cool features of the VT3 is that you can monitor up to 3 different cylinder pressures on a single dive. So you can put a transducer on your buddy's tank and always know how much gas they have, or you could put it on stage bottles if you are doing some deco diving. The VT3 allows you to switch between 3 different Nitrox mixes from 21%-100% on a single dive. Some pretty cool features.

Hope this helps.

Rich
spearfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
Mingo

If you're looking at Air Integrated Computers you should consider the Aeris Epic.

It's really cool, you can check up to 3 different wireless transmitters on the same receiver also tracking three nitrox mixes up to 100%. It has a dedicated Free Dive mode that can calculate and track nitrogen tissue loading that allows you to alternate between SCUBA and Free Diving

The really cool thing is that in the next coming months they will be upgrading their firmware enabling it to communicate with the CompuMask.

hope this helps,

come down and see us
CurtyV22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #10
Grouper

Rich, I'm also looking at nitrox computers. Who sells the tusa computers around here and about how much do they sell for?
dsar592 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in