Who is a good dive instructor in the Pensacola/Navarre area? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > General Scuba Chat

Old 03-23-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Who is a good dive instructor in the Pensacola/Navarre area?

I've been in the local area for several years and have enjoyed boating. Now looking to explore under the surface. I'm looking for any advice on who to see about training and where to get gear. I know I could search the other posts but I like to have the latest info. Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.
Bullfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: Who is a good dive instructor in the Pensacola/Navarre area?

I think most the folks on here will point you to MBT. They are fine people and will do you right. I go through Dive Pros for my training, but that is just a personal choice and a convenience factor for me. The one thing Dive Pros has and you won't find anywhere else local is a training pool on site. Not only good for the classes, but they will let you use it any time classes are not going on if you need to try out some new gear or just get some wet time to make sure everything works right before a trip. Either way, you won't go wrong and I welcome you to a new world and major addiction. By the way, I have a bunch of dive gear listed in the dive gear for sale section.
SCUBA Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

I heavent ever dealt with dive pros, so I couldnt say one way or another. My instructor was DKdiver here on hte forum, but I like to call him Mad Monkey or Captain A-Hole...oke

Anyways,his family and mine are very good friends, and he did a great job, with it being one on one personal instruction. Was taught things that arent in the manual too.

I got my Nitrox cert thru MBT, and like ScubaJunkie said, you will probably get an overwelming response for MBT. One of the owners, Jim, is a meber of this forum, (Evensplit), and one of theinstructors, Rich, is a meber (Spearfisher).Any gear I buy, I buy itthere, I get all my fils there, and go for general verbal abuse there!:letsdrink

DK's number in Gulf Breeze is 565-7247. His name is Dalton. I also go outspearfishing with him on a regular basis.

MBT's number is 455-7702 on Barancas and Navy in Pensacola.

When you get certified, you will find no shortage of people to go diving with on here! If you arent quite sure if you are going to make the plunge, click on the link below to teamchunkylove.com and check out a few spearfishin videos. You will quickly become addicted!

And the gear ScubaJunkie has for sale is some higher end gear, for a good price!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2008, 05:34 AM   #4
Trigger

The world famous MBT Divers all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greatest bunch of people I have ever met! They will take care of you and go the extra mile for customer satisfaction. Heck, Clay goes there for the abuse and gets way more than he can handle; that's goin the extra mile! :moon
theangrydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
Snapper

Good choice forsource of info! I have dove w/ 'DKdiver' (Dalton Kennedy) and he is a class act. I, too, dive outta MBT...I chose MBT and 'spearfisher' (Rich Adams) to take me from a recreational to a professional diver. (Well, dunno if I'll EVER be "professional", but it won't be at the fault of my Instructor...:doh) Hope to see ya under the water, soon!
BADBOY69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #6
Cigar Minnow

Thanks for the info, I guess I should get in touch with MBT and get things going. Look forward to meeting and learning from you all.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
Trigger

Quote:
Bullfrog (3/24/2008)Thanks for the info, I guess I should get in touch with MBT and get things going. Look forward to meeting and learning from you all.

Fritz and the guys at MBT will take good care of you. they just moved into a nice big shop so they have plenty of space to teach. i know several of the instructors and i honestly believe they are some of the best.
JRG24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #8
Grouper

:usaflag MBT IS A GREAT DIVE SHOP AND HAS GREAT INSTRUCTORS !!!
TONER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #9
Grouper

Thanks alot guys! The checks in the mail.

Seriously though, all of you guys were great students (with the exception of Clay:boo) That really makes teaching easy. The new shop has been a god send for teaching too. Having class roomsdedicated to teaching, and all of the necessary equipment really makes teaching alot easier now.
spearfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #10
Cigar Minnow

Talked tothe folksat MBT last night and you all were right, they seemed very helpful and knowledgable (lots of questions).Will be starting class later in Apr.I am looking forward tothe experience and hopefully meeting some of you all. Thanks again for the inputs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in