Went to navarre - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > General Scuba Chat

Old 03-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Went to navarre

Well my buddy and I went out to navarre yesterday despite the 15-20kt winds.It was a north wind so the surf was flat. I had to wait for him to get off work so we didn't get out there until around 4-430 which I think was also suppose to be low tide. We didn't see anything...and by anything I mean anything at all....if my buddy wasn't wearing black I wouldnt of seen him 10ft away from me. As a matter of fact we actually lost each other when we first went down because of the sand getting kicked up and the vis already being horrible. It was still worth getting out though. We were hoping to shoot some sheephead with our poles but of course wedidnt. I've been wanting to get out and see how I was going to set up with the pole spear and the dive reel and flag and all that so it was good toget some practice.I had to go to a dive shop other than MBT to get our tanks and God willing I will never go there again. Other than theprice for theirtanks, there was also some bashing of another dive shop..not cool! Also stopped by Outcast to try to find something to put the "fish" we were "definitely" going to kill on. The guy that worked there helped me out a lot by making me a steel liter stringer. I definitely think it'll work and it doesnt take up any space at all. We stayed in the water around 45min and despite getting pretty cold I'm glad we went and can't wait to get back out.
kennethmandel62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in