UWF scuba club!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > General Scuba Chat

Old 10-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
Trigger

Default UWF scuba club!!

Hey yall!

I'm in the UWF SCUBA club, and we are planning a trip down to the Key's for Spring Break. The sweet thing about the deal is; all we (the students) have to pay for is, our dives and food/extras. They club is planning on picking up the tab on GAS and lodging:hoppingmad!!!!

The only problem with the deal is:banghead...WE NEED TO RAISE MONEY FOR THE CLUB so we don't empty our club account on one trip!!

Anyone have any good thoughts on fundraisers for a college club?? Any suggestions would be GREAT!!!

Thanks! Michael!
Sailor612 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: UWF scuba club!!

No ideas Mike, but I do need to get up with you to join the club. I gotta buddy who just got certified and wants to join also.
UnderWater Angler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
Trigger

bikini car wash!! but only the ladies. sorry had to do it.
flynurse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
Trigger

HAHA...yeah Martin.

I thought about a car wash where girls in "strapless" bikini's stood out on the side of the road (with the signs over there "assests" so it looks like they are topless)and a few girl around the washing area then...the guys do the actual carwash!! Kinda would be a slap in the face for all the guys who comefor thegirls! HAHA
Old 10-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
Mingo

Some things never really change. I was the President of the UWF SCUBA Club back in 19 Ninty Something and we faced the same problems. Who ever does the budget presentation, really needs to have a good idea of how it works so you can get more money from the college. It's been awhile, so I doubt I would be much help. Best of Luck to you.

I just thought about this, what about calling up Hungry Howie's or Krispy Kream and check out their fundraising opportunities. Maybe you can get a bunch of doughnuts cheap from KK and see if one of the large churches would let you sell them after their service. Or see if you can team up with whoever does the annual under water pumpkin carving contest and do something at that event. Get creative!!!
TkTom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
Snapper

Hey, Michael...alot of your crew has been by the shop puttin' in time, helping out, but I didn't see you!oke Kiddin', buddy! OK, this idea worked great...a "topless" car wash! Before everyone flips, everything gets washed on the vehicle EXCEPT the top!Then accept tips to finish and wash the top! Good luck, works best if the girls advertise in bathing suits!
BADBOY69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
Trigger

Quote:
TkTom (10/10/2008)Maybe you can get a bunch of doughnuts cheap from KK and see if one of the large churches would let you sell them after their service. Or see if you can team up with whoever does the annual under water pumpkin carving contest and do something at that event. Get creative!!!
Sweet thinkin!
Old 10-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #8
Trigger

YEahhh Yeahhhh Jerry...haha! All the gear washin gets done on Monday's....and I've got class all day on mondays!!!!! I'll get there to help out eventually, just not on monday!!!!! HAHA

BTW...you never introduced me to that girl that came in the shop the other day! YOU SUCK!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #9
Trigger

Sell the KK doughnuts on the street corners on Sunday near the churches. Or you could do a BBQ to make some money. Sell Hot dogs chips and drinks in front of the local grocery stores. Man there are so many ways to make a charity buck. Problem most of the time is getting off of ones ass to do it...... I do not mean to sound like I am saying this about you. Just offering my 2 cents
ReelDuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in