Spring Sale? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > General Scuba Chat

Old 02-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Spring Sale?

The Outcast sale is comming up soon and I know MBT has a sale later in the year, but I have been told that a few times in the past MBT has had spring sales. I'm in the market for a new speargun (Biller 48 or 54) and maybe a BCD. Just like everyone else I like to save a buck or two, but my tax return is burning a hole in my pocket and I need some gear. I'll probably be at MBT this week to look at some spearguns anyway. But if there is any chance of a sale, I'll wait.
Big R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
Blue Marlin

Default RE: Spring Sale?

No gauruntees, but I would walk into MBT with your tax return NOW! Talk to Jim or Fritz, tell em what you want, and what your plan is, namely holding your money till they have a sale. I am not saying that they are a flea-market stand where you can go haggle, but you never know, they MIGHT be able to give you a better price on something you have your eye on but planned on waiting.

I know they got a SWEET price on a A.B. Biller LTD! If you have not seen one, they are badass. It is a solid stock gun, like Riffe and others instead of a handle in the middle. Much stronger. But easier to restring and cheaper than a Riffe or other similar gun.

Just a thought!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
Praedator
Grand Slam

The last I heard, MBT was going to have a Grand Opening sale for their new store sometime in the spring. They didn't want to do it in the winter time because, well, it's winter time and divers are not as abundant as in the spring/summer months.But still go by there and hit them up. They will be able to give youa little more info and canget ya what you need.PM Evensplit (Jim)and Spearfisher (Rich)onthe forum. They can get you set up.
Telum Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Thanks, I'll stop by there this week. The LTD is nice. If the price was right, I'd like to have one.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
Grouper

The Biller is awsome. If my Riffe wasnt given to me as a gift , I would have bought a Biller.
Brandy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
Praedator
Grand Slam

Quote:
Brandy (2/11/2008)The Biller is awsome. If my Riffe wasnt given to me as a gift , I would have bought a Biller.
You can always re-gift to me. :letsdrink
Old 02-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

I went yesterday and got the 48 LTD from MBT. Since I had the green light I also picked up a new back inflate BC (Oceanic Excursion). The wife didn't say anything, but I did get the "I hope your happy because you're not spending any more money" look. I guess I'll wait on the Nitrox class. I hate the cold, but I might have to get in the water and go kill something anyway. :toast
Old 02-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
Praedator
Grand Slam

Quote:
Big R (2/12/2008)I went yesterday and got the 48 LTD from MBT. Since I had the green light I also picked up a new back inflate BC (Oceanic Excursion). The wife didn't say anything, but I did get the "I hope your happy because you're not spending any more money" look. I guess I'll wait on the Nitrox class. I hate the cold, but I might have to get in the water and go kill something anyway. :toast
Great news!!!! That's my similar situation. I have yet to get Nitrox Certified because I spent a good amount of money on good equipment and have none left over for the class. It's on the list to do this coming month though. After divning on air for a while now, I can highlyrecomend to put the Nitrox class high on the list of your next expense. All the other guys are getting much longer bottom times and shorter surface intervals compared to me.

And I got that same look from my wife when I bought my BC and other gear at one time. Just wait till you start going out every so often and she says, "you just went the other day" and gives you that "if you go, I'm not going to be happy with you" look.:doh
Old 02-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

Sweet Big R! It was for a real good price, wasnt it?

By the way, Ummmm...you gonna let me try shootin that bad boy if we go diving together? I been dying to try one, and bmoore got crazy and donated his to the sea.oke
Old 02-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #10
Grouper

You guys need to keep your pimp hand strong.

I tell my wife that im going and thats the way it is. She had better not even blink or .................................................. ...

call her if you dont believe me 777-1221
Brandy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in