Which Nitrox computer to buy? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > General Scuba Chat

Old 01-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
Mingo

Default Which Nitrox computer to buy?

This post is to all NITROX COMPUTER divers out there.

Have just recently completed the Nitrox course, and everyone says to get a Nitrox compatible computer. Been scouring the internet, but have only gotten more confused and overwhelmed.

Of the hundreds of Nitrox computers out there, two strike my interest because of the LARGE numerals (which I definitely need).

The Oceanic Datamax Pro

The Aeris Atmos AI

If anyone has any input about these computers, or ones similar, please post - Ric
Turtlebait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Which Nitrox computer to buy?

i would go with a computer like the Tusa IQ 700 or the Dive rite Nitek Duo. i have 2 (one duo and one IQ700) they are the same exact computer just distrubited by differnt companys, i believe that dive rite, tusa, cressi, and zeagle all distrube this computer. this computer is very easy to use and can accomidate 2 diffent gas mixtures for the same dive. this is nice if you ever decide to do an advance nitrox, deco procdures class. i have used my computers on about 70 dives combined and have had no problems with either of them. MBT sells thetusa version go by there andthey will show you how it works.
JOHNJOHN205 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Sailfish

The Oceanic datamax pro plus 2 is an excellent computer and a great choice for those of us that are suffering from arms that are too short. Very reliable and easy to use.

Jim Phillips
Lost Bay Designs™
Custom Screen Printing
Vinyl Graphics
Promotional Products
www.lostbaydesigns.com
Evensplit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Trigger

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=607 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><A id=ctl02_AUTO_5_rptBread_ctl02_BreadCrumb1_Bradcru mbLink name=BradcrumbLink><SPAN id=ctl02_AUTO_5_rptBread_ctl02_BreadCrumb1_Bradcru mbLabel><H1 class=h1Larger>Cressi-Sub Archimede II Wrist Computer</H1></A><DIV id=TopLinks>Description|Accessories|Reviews|Ask The Pro</DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=ItemInfo cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=607 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=240>
<DIV style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px; POSITION: relative"><DIV align=center> </DIV></DIV><DIV style="MARGIN: 5px 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: center"></DIV><DIV class=more id=ctl02_AUTO_5_prProductPageSnippetScript_divHasR atings><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD rowSpan=2><A id=AccessoriesInfoTab></A><A id=DescriptionInfoTab></A><A id=FeaturesInfoTab></A><A id=SpecificationInfoTab></A><A id=IncludesInfoTab></A><A id=ReviewInfoTab></A><A id=UsedInfoTab></A><A id=AskTheProInfoTab></A><DIV id=ctl02_AUTO_5_InfoTabs_divTabs><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE id=ItemInfoTabs cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>DescriptionAccessoriesReviewsAsk The Pro</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><DIV id=divTabFrame><DIV id=WarrntyCntnr><H3>Warranty Information</H3>

This product has a limited warranty of 24 months.

www.cressisubusa.com
(800) 338-9143</DIV><DIV id=ItemDescription>Innovative, user-friendly, with UFDS (User Friendly Display System). Break-through design, large buttons, convenient and quick battery replacement by the user. No more waiting at the service center: a coin is enough.
Maximum safety at every dive. Specs you can rely on
- Suitable for air and <SPAN &#111;nmouseover="ddrivetip(55, '

Nitrox is gas mixture with a higher percentage of oxygen, thus increasing dive time but is highly flammable, therefore product hooked up to niitrox air has to be niitrox compatible </p>', 'Nitrox', '#F0F7FD')" &#111;nmouseout=hideddrivetip(55) ;><U>Nitrox</U> (up to 50% oxygen) dives
- Adjustable for subsequent dives and with Nitrox
- Settable PO2 and personal safety input
- With audible and visual alarms for critical situations
- No-decompression and decompression dive data both with air and Nitrox
- Nitrogen absorption and CNS Oxygen toxicity display
Up to 30 hours and 60 dives memory
- Recorded profiles are manually visible or transferable to PC
- Dive simulator
- Display back light
- Unit of measure can be changed by the user, for world-wide use.</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV>If my old Oceanic ever dies this is the one I'll buy not alot of $$ but it will get the job done. </DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
Capt. AHO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #5
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

I don't like a wrist mounted computer, because I go under all rocks looking for lobster and i demolished my Nitrox Nemesis II face plate after 1 summer so you couldn't even read itand had to have it replaced. I now leave it on my power inflator
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #6
Grouper

I don't have my nitrox cert yet, nor used my compooter for nitrox diving...but I posted a ? on here about a compooter to get, was told to get the tusa IQ700 and I bought me one. I love it, easy to use very nice. Can't wait to get my nitrox and plug in my % and hit the water.
Bigg J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 06:08 AM   #7
Sailfish

I use the Tusa IQ 700. I love it! I also have a Mares Puck, which is a nice computer. I do prefer the Tusa IQ.It's about $100 more than the Mares, and can be set for 2 mixes.

I also find the Tusa to be a little easier to read while under water.

Felix
FelixH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #8
Snapper

I would second what Evensplit said about the Oceanic. It has a large display and is air integrated. I have been diving with mine for 7 years now an love it. It is a tough, rugged computer, I use the Tusa non-integrated as a back up. The Aeris would probably be the same algorithms but I am not sure the display is as big as the Oceanic.
dkdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
Grouper

I dive the Mares Nemo Wide and i love it. Big numbers which are easy to read from every angle. Not to conservative and I haven't had any problems with it yet.

http://www.mares.com/product_detail....282&region=USA

Pierce07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #10
Cigar Minnow

I like my Suunto Gekko. It hasany Nitrox misture that you wantand is simple to understand. I hate reading instructions on everything, after 1 dive, I fully understood this watch.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp watch.bmp (109.1 KB, 40 views)
CrazyPFD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in