New to Diving!!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > General Scuba Chat

Old 06-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
Snapper

Default New to Diving!!!

Is therecan t anyone out there who ake me and do a couple of dives? ive just finished the open water course and want to go diving!!! I just want someone who can ensure im doing everything right even though i did everything perfect in the class. I guess i just want to do a couple closer to shore dives until i get more comfortable. Can anyone help??OR tell me someone who can? willing to split gas and anything else~! thanks Mike
King Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: New to Diving!!!

Welcome to the addiction we know as SCUBA. I'm sure you will no trouble finding plenty of folks to get you going, and I will be happy to have you along when there is a spot on the boat. Keep your eyes on the forum for need a crew posts, and enjoy yourself.
SCUBA Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
Snapper

Thanks! I'm sure someone will help me! Im off every other weekend and atleast twice during every week so my schedule is open just need to get out there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
Snapper

Welcome Mike, this is the right place to find a ride. Just keep your eyes peeled. Where in town are you located?
dkdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

Welcome to the mind altering madness.
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
Praedator
Grand Slam

Welcome to the madness and addiction known as diving. I try to get out as much as I can. Which is not as much as want unfortunately. I often post when I need someone to get out with me. Just keep a close eye on the forum for when someone posts that they need someone to split expenses. You can also post that you are available etc... Hope to see you out there sometime.

A good way to get more comfortable with your gear etc... with great supervision is to get out with some of the class dives from MBT. You can tag along to any of their shore dives or dives at the springs free. Rich (spearfisher on here)or any of the other instructors will be glad to give you some advice while you are there too. I did this when I first started. And it gave me a lot of confidence going out on my first boat/gulf dive. It allowed me to dial in my gear and getmy weights right etc...And now I just can't stop diving and enjoying the underwater world.
Telum Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

Welcome Kng Mike! As has been said, plenty of people going out, and you will have no problem finding a way out.

It seems from reading your post though that you are not just looking for a ride out, but someone to stick by ya, and make sure everything is cool since your new...I got to give you a big :bowdown for that one. Smart move. If you do find a ride out, make sure and let them know that you are wanting to buddy dive. A lot of the guys on here just bail as soon as they hit the water, and don't really follow the whole buddy system that was taught in class. You are making the right desision though during your first dives.

I try to get out often too, and will kepp you in mind. But definately watch the forum daily for scuba trips going out. A lot of good people on here. DKdiver was my instructor, Spearfisher was my Nitrox instructor, and SCUBA Junkie was one of the ones nice enough to take me out when I was brand new, just like you.

You are just gonna love diving dude.:toast
Old 06-09-2008, 12:47 AM   #8
Snapper

I appreciate it! thanks for all the advise... I also love fishing so i plan on spear fishing at some point. i guess once i get a couple of more dives under my belt! anyway if anyone is going out just let me know and i'll watch the forum! thanks
Old 06-09-2008, 12:48 AM   #9
Snapper

Oh ya and i live in crestview but if it involves going diving or fishing im willing to drive wherever!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:56 AM   #10
Sailfish

Quote:
King Mike (6/8/2008)I also love fishing so i plan on spear fishing at some point. i guess once i get a couple of more dives under my belt!
That's a good idea, also. Some people jump right into spearfishing right away, but I waited a while. I didn't start spearfishing until I had almost 20 dives logged. It's a good idea to get a little experience, and grow a little more comfortable with diving before task loading with activities such as spearfishing.

But, when you shoot your first fish, you will probably be hooked for life like the rest of us.
FelixH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in