Learn to Dive in Weekend Scuba Class - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > General Scuba Chat

Old 07-26-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Snapper

Default Learn to Dive in Weekend Scuba Class

I have a weekend scuba class coming up at MBT Dive Center on August 2nd and 3rd if you know of anyone interested in this kind of schedule for learning to scuba dive.

We will spend about 6 hours onSaturday,August 2nd in the classroom learning about scuba gear, the physiology of diving, the no-decompression dive tables, etc.On Sunday August 3rd, we'll spend 4 to 6 hours in the pool practicing our in-water, scuba skillsand then the following weekend,we'll make our open water dives after which you'll be a certified diver (if you pass the test and be ready to go explore the the beautiful underwater world all over the planet.

It's a great schedule forthose who can't break away during the week. If you sign up before August 1st, the cost will remain the same at $169 or $159 for military and students. After August 1st our price is going up to $199 or$179 if you'remilitary or astudent.

This covers all books, all pool fees, all scuba gear required for class except mask, fins, snorkel and booties, and as a student you receive 10% off the cost of anything you purchase in the store. The only additional feewill come if we decide to go to Vortex Springs for one of our open water dives. There's a $19 fee to get into the springs otherwise, there are no additionalfees.

If you're interested in thisschedulegive me a call or call the shop and ask for the weekend class.

I have 40 years diving experience and make my classes fun.

Richard Adams Sr.

NAUICertified and Insured Scuba Instructor

316-0074 cell or 455-7702 shop.
Florabama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: Learn to Dive in Weekend Scuba Class

Sounds like a hell of a deal....would you extend that discount to some Venture Crew (Boy Scouts) boys and girls? And are you going to have anymore classes like this in mid August?
kahala boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
Snapper

hey rich i might come up there and finish my class that weekend so i can get it out of the way.
offshore64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #4
Mingo

Ya mean in as little as 10 hours I would have a world wide reconized cert. and could dive anywhere .

What exactly does this class cert. me to do and where ?
welder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
Snapper

Quote:
welder (7/26/2008)Ya mean in as little as 10 hours I would have a world wide reconized cert. and could dive anywhere .

What exactly does this class cert. me to do and where ?
Yes, a NAUI certification is recognized all over the world.

Your NAUI certification demonstrates that youhave all the skills to be a safe, competent scuba diver. By presenting yourNAUI certification card, you'll be allowed to rent scuba gear, and get air fills, charter scubatrips etc. anywhere in the world.

The weekend class takes two weekends. The first weekend is classroom and pool and the second weekend are the open water, checkout dives. After this, provided you demonstrate competence in the waterskills and pass the test,you'll be a NAUI certified scuba diver

Old 07-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
Snapper

Quote:
kahala boy (7/26/2008)Sounds like a hell of a deal....would you extend that discount to some Venture Crew (Boy Scouts) boys and girls? And are you going to have anymore classes like this in mid August?
Absolutely. Why don't you give me a call andlet's talk about the details. For a youth group like that, we may be able to work out an evenbetter deal for you. We just certified 22 "Young Marines" which is like "Boy Scouts." They had a blast and so did we. We also learned alot about working withand directing youth.

Richard Adams Sr

Cell 316-0074

Shop455-7702
Old 07-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #7
Snapper

Quote:
offshore64 (7/26/2008)hey rich i might come up there and finish my class that weekend so i can get it out of the way.
It's about time Nick. This time, try to pay attention to the instructor and not the good looking girl in the classoke

BTW, I shot thesnapper in my pick last week off of Paul's boat. Rich got a 38 lb grouper.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #8
Sailfish

Anyone thinking of getting certified should jump on this deal. It's a great price, and Rich is a great diver.

He was not one of my instructors, but I've learned a lot from him over the past few years by diving and spearfishing with him.
FelixH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
Snapper

Fred, I've got you and John signed up for the class. If you can go ahead and get your books and watch the DVDs, you'll be ahead of the game. Also, don't forget to beat the Aug 1 price increase and save a little money.

See you Saturday if not before.

Richard
Old 07-26-2008, 03:56 PM   #10
Snapper

haha rich its hard to focus on other things when there are hot girls around...its just how my brain works! and thats snapper is pretty small, i caught one about that size off my dock this morning...oke
offshore64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in