Don't buy from DIVE PROS!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > General Scuba Chat

Old 10-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Don't buy from DIVE PROS!!

Years ago after getting certified, I bought most of my gear at the dive pro on creighton blvd. I liked scubapro bc's and regs. I got a scubapro frameless mask when they first came out and loved it. A few years ago it flooded because the seal failed where the lens is molded to the mask.. I took it to Dive pros and they exchanged it on the spot and replaced it with one off the shelf. It failed once again this summer and I have been using my wife's mask. I took it in to dive pros and they sent it to the factory for replacement. I was just called by dive pros and they said it was OUT of warranty, but the factory would send me a new one for forty dollars. It sales for over a hundred in the shop and leisurepro.com sales it for $59 DOLLARS..... I do believe in supporting our local shops and I do most of my business @ MBT!!!!! But, if you have to have a scubapro item, you might as well buy it online and save HALF if the company and shop is not going to warranty an obvious defect!!!

Now i'm done with my rant and buying a new mask!!!!!

Sea ya, Reese
FishinFL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
Grand Slam

Default RE: Don't buy from DIVE PROS!!

Reese, That's a sorry ass reason to say not to buy from a local dive shop. You stated that the mask was purchased YEARS ago. Damn a warrenty doesn't last forever. Dive Pros did replace it once for you, what do you expect I'll bet if you buy one from Leisure pro and tell them the seal failed they will tell you to deal with the manufacturer and after YEARS they will tell you tough S$%&...:reallycrying
Old 10-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #3
Sailfish

If the mask keeps leaking why keep buying them?

Why should divepro take the hit? They didn't make the mask or create the warranty. Your beef shld be with the mask company, not the store that sells it.

That would be like me slandering outcast for not giving mea free pair of sunglasses if they break.
gator7_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Grouper

Quote:
gator7_5 (10/27/2008)If the mask keeps leaking why keep buying them?

Why should divepro take the hit? They didn't make the mask or create the warranty. Your beef shld be with the mask company, not the store that sells it.

That would be like me slandering outcast for not giving mea free pair of sunglasses if they break.

That happens all the time unfortunately, but usually its "I dropped my Costas off the truck and they broke when they hit the concrete. Why should I have to pay $50 to get new lenses?"

Stuff wears out.
Xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
Trigger

If it keeps failing there has to be a problem with the company. I would send it directly to them but you have to go through the dealer. I won't walk back into dive pros!!! I felt like I was getting the run around from the shop. I have NEVER felt that way at MBT!!! I tried to find a mask at MBT, but Fritz and co. can't help that I have a fat head. It is just hard for me to believe the scubapro would not stand behind that mask........ I take care of my gear and i've probably used it ten times since it was replaced..... I have two since my wife started diving.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
Trigger

I can vouch for outcast too! I bought a new $200 trevalle rod at the sale and it hand grenaded the first time I used it this summer. Tommy handed me another although I did get a heavier line class. He , along with his crew are first class at service! I dont expect anything to last forever, I just think that if there is a problem with manufacturing, the company should resolve the issue and the shop should be the customers voice. I buy online as a last resort. Just my .02
Old 10-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
Trigger

Sorry you feel you have been done wrong, but as a few of the other posters have stated; how long do you expect a mask to last ? I have all SCUBAPro gear, and could not be more satisfied. I had a very small leak develop in my BC that was almost two years old. Dive Pros took it with no questions asked, took care of shipping it to the company, and a couple weeks later called and told me to come pick up my brand new replacement. When I purchased my first BC from Dive Pros, I found I did not like the model, and wanted to get a KnightHawk instead. They took my BC, that had a couple salt water dives on it, and credited me the entire purchase price towards the KnightHawk (see if Leisure Pro willdo thatfor ya). The folks at Dive Pros (and MBT) and always been extreemly helpful, but use who you like.
SCUBA Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
Grand Slam

I remember the "big sell" Dive Pro's gives to buy only Scubapro is their lifetime warranty. What gives? Does a mask only have a 3 year warranty? A well-made mask should last for several years. I'm diving one built 15 years ago.
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48

Quote:
FishinFL (10/27/2008)I can vouch for outcast too! I bought a new $200 trevalle rod at the sale and it hand grenaded the first time I used it this summer. Tommy handed me another although I did get a heavier line class. He , along with his crew are first class at service! I dont expect anything to last forever, I just think that if there is a problem with manufacturing, the company should resolve the issue and the shop should be the customers voice. I buy online as a last resort. Just my .02
that is apples to oranges...you bought a new rod and took it out and used it and it broke...take it back and they made it right...IT WAS NEW...you buy a mask a few yrs ago it fails and you want a new one? the windshield wiper on my 5yo truck doesnt work all that well think ill take it back to sandy sansing and tell them i want them to give me a new truck...think they will give me one? nope so im gonna tell everyone how sorry they are for not giving me a new truck...come on now...just buck up buy a new mask and quit crying
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #10
Trigger

I can think of another reason not to go there but I'll leave it alone. It has to do with the way they treat new divers. I will say that Curtis is good people though. Damn every last one of the rest of them. Jerks.
theangrydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in