DIVE PROS - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > General Scuba Chat

Old 09-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
Mingo

Default DIVE PROS

I past dive pros today and noticed their sign said something like "Active military free tuition on basic course". Anyone know the details? I'm qualified, but, know a lot of active duty that are looking.
Njydvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: DIVE PROS

Don't know about that but if it's so that's awesome that they'd do that for the Men and Women of our military! but they do have a deal on a buddy system!<P class=MsoNormal style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: Cooper Black">(Bring Your Own Buddy)<P class=NoSpacing>Here?s how it works: <P class=NoSpacing>Bring a buddy with you to sign up for any Dive Pros SCUBA course. One diver pays regular tuition; the second diver?s tuition is FREE!<P class=NoSpacing><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Cooper Black'">BYOB: $139 + $40 (1<SUP>st</SUP> diver tuition and books) + FREE tuition + $40 (2<SUP>nd</SUP> diver books only) = $219 <P class=NoSpacing>That?s only $109 per person total!!
yammohamma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
Trigger

Bay Breeze has buddy lessons too, and I thnk they are about $20 cheaper ($10/person). I'd like to know about Dive Pros military deal...I wonder if they include dependents.

Harry
Harry Brosofsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
Sailfish

Until further notice, MBT Divers is offering $99 Scuba classes. Because this is well below our costs, and we can't afford to lose <U>too</U> much, the only catch is you have to buy snorkelingequipment(Mask Fins, Snorkel, Booties) at MBT- with the regular full student discount of course.

What makes our offer unique and the best on the Gulf Coast?

This is the same deal that has made MBT the leading dive training center in the USA! Price is for the full course - tuition, books, DVD's, SCUBA Equipment Rentals, Dives, Air Fills, Admin and Card fees - IT'S ALL INCLUDED! NO GIMMICKS AND NO EXTRASURPRISE ADD ONS!

We're not asking our instructors to sacrificepay or time so that we can offer this price,so you'll get the same top quality instruction that MBT Divers is famous for! We aren't increasing equipment prices and wereSTILL GIVING STUDENT DISCOUNTS on the required snorkeling equipment and ALL OTHER PURCHASES!!

Full Internationally recognized open water SCUBA certification - not just an "introductory" class

Classes start every Tuesday evening.

No scheduling limitations.

No need to bring your own buddy so there'sno need to rely on "finishing the class at the same time", whatever that means.

No penalties for missed classes.

No rules as to how or when you start or complete the course - need a year or more? NO PROBLEM!

You get to keep the books.

From out of the area and need academic materials shipped out to you? - NO PROBLEM!

Already have snorkeling equipment? Your course is only$149!

AlreadySCUBA Certified? We've got $99 NITROX classes too!

I honestly don't know how long this special will run.

Need more info or want to schedule a class? Call the Shop at (850) 455-7702 or come by at 3920 Barrancas Ave in Pensacola!

Jim Phillips

MBT Divers Inc.

Jim Phillips
Lost Bay Designs™
Custom Screen Printing
Vinyl Graphics
Promotional Products
www.lostbaydesigns.com
Evensplit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Harry Brosofsky (9/14/2008)Bay Breeze has buddy lessons too, and I thnk they are about $20 cheaper ($10/person). I'd like to know about Dive Pros military deal...I wonder if they include dependents.

Harry
That'd be $99 per person! That's A SWEET Deal and there's no catch like this other guy who says you have to buy your snorkling gear from them??

Where is Bay Breeze located??? Pensacola??
Old 09-14-2008, 11:05 PM   #6
Trigger

Same catch as MBT...you have to buy the mask, fins, and snorkle from them. Bay breeze is right at the GB end of the 3 mile bridge.

Harry
Harry Brosofsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Harry Brosofsky (9/14/2008)Same catch as MBT...you have to buy the mask, fins, and snorkle from them. Bay breeze is right at the GB end of the 3 mile bridge.

Harry
That being the same I'd still have to say that the best deal would be the Dive Pros and get your fins/mask/snorkle/boots from Leisurepro.com you'd save way more then $10 per person on most snorkling setups
Old 09-15-2008, 02:15 AM   #8
Trigger

Quote:
yammohamma (9/14/2008)
Quote:
Harry Brosofsky (9/14/2008)Same catch as MBT...you have to buy the mask, fins, and snorkle from them. Bay breeze is right at the GB end of the 3 mile bridge.

Harry
That being the same I'd still have to say that the best deal would be the Dive Pros and get your fins/mask/snorkle/boots from Leisurepro.com you'd save way more then $10 per person on most snorkling setups

Leisure Pro? Sure, so long as you don't need to return something. I'd go with MBT anyday, bad experience at DP...twice! Fritz and Jim will even let you try before you buy or exchange something if you don't like so long as you don't damage it.

Yes, my opinion is biased but I've got my reasons. I won't post it here but most of you know the story. AND, I ain't the only one.

I like the guys from Bay Breeze too. They always take care of me as well. MBT truly EARNED my loyalty. They got the extra mile for the customer.

Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth to you.
theangrydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #9
Grouper

Send a message via MSN to bmoore

I've bought stuff from Liesure Pro and retuned it no problem at all. I bought a AB Biller Teak Paduk gun from them last year which arrived cracked. They had me a new one next day air'ed before I even put the damaged one back in the mail to them!

Great customer service I'd say.
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #10
Trigger

I reckon I'm just people person or something. Weird that wayI guess. I really would rather do stuff face to face, especially returns and exchanges. I rather like the fact that i can do it right before a dive when I'm filling the tanks and on my way to the boat...no waiting on UPS.

I ain't arguing folks, just sayin' what I think. Some agree, others don't. See y'all in a few months.
theangrydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in