Advanced Nitrox & Decompression Procedures - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > General Scuba Chat

Old 05-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Mingo

Send a message via AIM to Caver2130
Default Advanced Nitrox & Decompression Procedures

Dan Crowell, famed Captain of the Seeker and host of the Military Channel's Quest for Sunken Warships will be teaching an Advanced Nitrox/Decompression Procedures class starting on July 18th. This is honestly the best course I've taken. This class will allow you to leave behind dive tables, 130ft depth limits, and limited dive times. This class will allow you to do planned decompression, using more than one gas mix and safely dive to 150ft. For more information, contact Josh at MBT Divers 850.455.7702 or by email [email protected]
Caver2130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
Praedator
Grand Slam

Default RE: Advanced Nitrox & Decompression Procedures

Quote:
Caver2130 (5/15/2009)This class will allow you to leave behind dive tables, 130ft depth limits, and limited dive times. This class will allow you to do planned decompression, using more than one gas mix and safely dive to 150ft.
130 ft limit???? Dive tables????? What are those????? People still follow those rules.:doh:doh I don't think I could use a dive table to save my life.

Seriously, it sounds like a great class. How much is the class Josh? I may look to attend if possible.
Telum Pisces is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Mingo

Send a message via AIM to Caver2130

It is actually two separate classes. Dan, coming down from Jersey asks for $999 for both classes. However, I worked it out where he'll cut it down to $800. It is a completely different class than the recreational classes you've had previously. You basically relearn diving all over again.
Caver2130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
Snapper

<P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">I can't wait to take this class. <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">I had been reading about Dan Crowell's diving adventures for ten years and then last year got to meet him in person when he came down and gave us a rebreather orientation. After the classroom portion, Scott Bartell, Captain Douglas of the H2O Below and I took him up on his offer to go to the pool to try out the rebreather. After that we took Dan to the Oar House and got to pick his brain a little. <SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o></o><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">I expected him to be a bit of a snob because he has accomplished so much in his diving career and is a celebrity in his own right, but he was exactly the opposite. He was extremely humble, down to earth, easy to talk to and just plain old fun to be around. I liked him very much, and that's part of the reason I'm so excited about this class. The other reason is that I really need this training and getting it from Dan means I'm getting it from the best of the best. Dan has done things in his diving career that most people only dream of -- including me -- and he has seen first hand what happens when divers violate the rules. I'm looking forward to actually putting this training into action and I know Dan will prepare me as well as I can be prepared. <o></o><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">For those not familiar with Dan Crowell, here are a few highlights of his career: <o></o><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">He helped pioneer the use of Trimix in recreational deep diving back in the early '90s. <o></o><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">He was captain of the 65' dive boat, Seeker, and led some of the most famous early recreational deep divers to penetrate the Andrea Doria and recover china and other valuables from the deepest interior of the massive shipwreck. <o></o><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">As captain of the Seeker, he also found and helped identify a mystery U-Boat billed the "U-Who" in 250 fsw off the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1lace><SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">New Jersey</st1lace></st1:State><SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold"> coast. These expeditions led to a PBS, NOVA special called Hitler?s Lost Sub, and sparked the TV careers of Richie Kohler and John Chatterton in the History Channel?s series Under Sea Detectives. <o></o><H1 style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">Dan was featured in at least three non-fiction books that I read years before meeting him. http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Descent-Adventure-Diving-Andrea/dp/0743400623; <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The Last Dive: A Father and Son's Fatal Descent into the Ocean's Depths and Shadow Divers: The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Risked Everything to Solve One of the Last Mysteries of World War II. <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o></o></H1><H1 style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o></o></H1><H1 style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">And of course, Dan is now an <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">underwater cameraman, Director and TV producer for his own <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">TV show Quest for Sunken Warships. If you ever seen the episode he did on the Oriskany, you know our own Josh aka Caver, was featured tying into the Oriskany for Dan?s dive team, and there?s also a shot of Josh expertly frog-kicking :bowdown over the smoke stack. <o></o></H1><H1 style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o></o></H1><H1 style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Anyway, in my opinion, getting this training at this price from Dan Crowell, is an incredible opportunity and I'm really looking forward to it.<SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o></o></H1><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o></o><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: olive; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o></o>
Florabama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #5
Sailfish

I would absolutely love to take that class! Unfortunately, it's a little too rich for my blood at the moment. Ok, a lot too rich for my blood at the moment... one day though...
FelixH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2009, 05:46 AM   #6
Grouper

Big Rich you're going to be in the class? I'm planning on taking it.

Pierce07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #7
Snapper

Quote:
Pierce07 (5/17/2009)Big Rich you're going to be in the class? I'm planning on taking it.
Absolutely, I'm taking it unless I keel over before then. Glad to hear you're going to be a part of it too. It'll be a lot of fun. Dan's a nice guy. You'll like him a lot.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:29 AM   #8
Snapper

Quote:
FelixH (5/16/2009)I would absolutely love to take that class! Unfortunately, it's a little too rich for my blood at the moment. Ok, a lot too rich for my blood at the moment... one day though...
Oh come on Felix. It would be great if you were a part of it. You got until July to save your pennies. In any case, I'm planning on practing my spiderman, deco techniques in your pond.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #9
Grouper

are you photoshopping that snapper? I think it looks bigger every time you post something!
spearfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #10
Sailfish

This is a great class, I recommend it to anyone who wants to take their diving to the next level...

Rich, we discussed photo trickery and your dad is definately doing that with his snapper...You see how he stretches it out real close to the camera.....he also played with the colors....we all know thats really his black snapper from the 2007 Guns n Hoses tournament.......if you forgot what it used to look like........here is the undoctored photo.....

As you can see, correct hand positioning shows the fish in its true size......
no woryz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in