SKA Nationals in Biloxi - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fishing Tournaments > Post-Tournament Discussions

Old 11-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
Snapper

Default SKA Nationals in Biloxi

They changed the layout this year for the bad weather and made it were you didn't have to fish both days (still an aggregate though). You can only weigh 2 fish so if you weigh one on day 1 you can only weigh 1 on day 2 or 2 fish on day 1 or day 2....does that make sense?? anyway I heard a lot of boat stayed in or went out and turned around. the live web cast starts at 3 at this link......by the way shane (strictly bizness) had a change and his team is fishing on abig Fountain out N.C called team L & M whos crew caught the flu or something.....I think he said. congrat to Ariborne on a great fish in the conditions they had!!

live feed

http://live.fishska.com/nationals/webcast

link to the story on day one

http://live.fishska.com/
user285 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: SKA Nationals in Biloxi

snotty weekend. =(

I also just read this from N 2 Deep:

"i saw several boats that came back in early as seas were more than they could or wanted to handle. a 33 ft contender returned to the docks with front part of the t-top bent over with all of the glass windshield busted out. the crew were shaken up as the captain suffered some minor cuts and bruises. they told me that when they hit that wave the boat filled all the way up to the with water. a 36 yellowfin also took on water as they were fishing the west delta side and several boats did not make it back as they came back to get their trailers to pick up the boat. 35 everglade also suffered some damage as well when they took a wave over the bow as they also lost their hard windshield. it was blowing solid 25-30kts today and sat forecast isnt much better.....

Jamie Wallace with the team Rugman from Morehead area had some trouble on the way down at the I285 and I85 junction as they had the 33 Contender come off the trailer and had to hire a crane to get it back on the trailer. the boat only suffered minot cosmetic damage. about 2 hour before that another 31 contender came off the trailer at the same exit. there was also a boat that came loose during the launch here at the Palace and boat slide all the way down thye boat ramp. seems like there are a lot of stuff going wrong in the past week including the damages to boats and so forth.

big congrats to LIquid Fire fishing team as they were honored yesterday during the Capt meeting. They took home the team of the year along with a $20K check. great job guys and best of luck"
reelfinatical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
Sailfish

Send a message via MSN to David Ridenour Send a message via Yahoo to David Ridenour

Anyone heard from Scott and his crew?
David Ridenour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
Your mom's a
Grand Slam

Quote:
reelfinatical (11/22/2008)snotty weekend. =(

a 33 ft contender returned to the docks with front part of the t-top bent over with all of the glass windshield busted out. the crew were shaken up as the captain suffered some minor cuts and bruises. they told me that when they hit that wave the boat filled all the way up to the with water. a 36 yellowfin also took on water as they were fishing the west delta side and several boats did not make it back as they came back to get their trailers to pick up the boat. 35 everglade also suffered some damage as well when they took a wave over the bow as they also lost their hard windshield. it was blowing solid 25-30kts today and sat forecast isnt much better.....

I know it's nationals and all and lots of people came a long way but if it ain't safe, it ain't safe.

Congrats to Airborne and also My Dinghy -- 11th so far. Those guys are animals for going out let alone catching fish.
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
Snapper

scott and lou post a pair of 15#er's
user285 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
Your mom's a
Grand Slam

Airborne just weighed at 17.2 and My Dinghy pulled a 16.78.

It's over for our boys.

Two fish total of 96 and change is on top.
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
Sailfish

I am not sure why they schedule the national tournament in our area for this time of year. There is about a 90% chance that the water is going to be very rough. (but I really don't know where and when else they would do it)
reelthrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2008, 06:58 AM   #8
Mingo

aS IF ANYEVER EVEN ONCE WONDERED WHY i DECIDED TO BRING MY SESF TO THE POINY OF NRAR DRATH (SELF-IMPOSED ON LAND) NOT IN BAD WEATHER TO DO THIS AND THEN SEE ME DO IT NO LONGER THE SCHEDULE CHENGES AT THE LAST MINUTE OR MAYBE EVEN A DAY OE TWO AFTER THE LAST MINUTE AND THIS FIR THE "natiomal freakin cchampionshp" TO END UP LILE THIS W BIG wtf??????????????????????????????????????????????? iS WHAT MY GREW SAID FOR S WHILE i MAY LOOK AE LL THESE SPECTACULAR CGANGES IN STORE FOR 2009 IT MAY TEMY ME INTY TYRING NI=OT FOR IT BUT hAILY mClARNAN tHE ABSOULTLU WORLDLY SAVIOR OF MY LIFE DOESNT KNOW ANT BWTTWE ANS MAMAY HAVE A BLAST ANTWAYS ABND THAT WOLLD MAKE ME HAPPY TO POU ALL OTHER TRPPHIES AND AWARDS IN THE COMPACTER.

cREIGHTOM

sORRY IF THESE ARE CHOPPY AND HARD TO RAAD i LEFR MY GLASSES UPSTAIER WHEN i CAME DOEN!! lLONE YA ALL BUT HAILY 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX MORE!
Rag-Tag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #9
Mingo

huh?

creighton, could you repeat that?
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #10
Snapper

Woo.. Felt a little buzz hit me while readin that!
LATERALINE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in