Rookie 'at bat' for the JuJu - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fishing Tournaments > Post-Tournament Discussions

Old 05-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Rookie 'at bat' for the JuJu

we've been planning and shopping for several months now, but kept the purchase of the new boat sorta quiet lately. i didnt want anyone with the emerald coast redfish club to get too nervous about our the new team ride! but this weekend we put the new (to me) 22 pathfinder to the first test. that is, this was not only the first tournament for this boat, but it was actually the first time we have even fished the boat. i talked julie into fishing the chix event this past saturday and she did pretty dang well--both the boat and the angler.

withstanding a long drawn out report, we found a few specs just after daylight, but the chop was just enough to keep her from being overly productive with the top waters. our second stop--and second fish on the dance card were flounder. the tide was where we needed it, and so were the flounder. she finished up with 5 total flounder, with the largest at just at pounds and was chopping to find that redfish to round out her slam. all this by 10:30. we hit our number 1 redfish spot, only to find another keeper flounder and no redfish. spot number two was being fished, but we snuck in for a few bait drops but came away with nothing red. spot number 3 did have redfish, and every time she put the bait where it needed it to be, she would get a hit. she did manage to pull a brace of redfish out, but were 16 inchers. she had her slam, but i dont think she was completely satisfied since they didnt make the box.

we ran to Lulu's for the weigh-in, and julies largest flounder snuck into 3rd place and held until the very end, when i think it was the very last flounder weighed in, posted right to 1st and slipped her off the board. she was tickled that she had done so well in her first 'real' tournament and in the new boat. i'd say its a good start for sure.

and gentlemen, the boat may be 'baby blue', but baby, look out!! shes rigged to the nines, and has a nose for the fish!!

cheers

drew

Old 05-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Rookie 'at bat' for the JuJu

Congrats on the new boat! Post up some photos of the new ride when you get a chance!

Good job on the fishing too! That sucks getting bumped from 3rd on the last fish weighed!

Chris Couture is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2009, 06:22 AM   #3
Blue Marlin

Location: PC Fl., Orange Bch, Eufaula Al., Lake Seminole Ga. , Camden Al.

Very Very Nice.

Congrats.
Garbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Your mom's a
Grand Slam

letsparty:clap
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in