IFA Redfish Tour Event at Navarre Beach - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fishing Tournaments > Post-Tournament Discussions

Old 06-23-2008, 07:56 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default IFA Redfish Tour Event at Navarre Beach

Thanks and congratulations to the teams who came out and made us feel welcome at Jauna's and Navarre Beach State Park this past weekend. Dwayne and Fred went back to LA with their 3rd win in 3 events.

It was great to put a face on some of the names of teams who are new to the IFA, and we were glad to see the families at the Captain's meeting as well as the weigh-in. It was evident that all were having a good time and making new friends around this first event for us in this area. Though we had only 54 anglers for this event, I'd guess that it was a positive experience for all.

It was unfortunate that our event, which was scheduled far in the advance of us being made aware of the BudLight schedule, was set on the same weekend. We will not face that situation again in Pensacola!

For those who'd like to keep Redfish events coming back to the region, I'd like to suggest that all who are interested step up and show your interest by fishing the IFA event in Orange Beach on September 19th.

Also, we'd like to see a "show of hands" of all who would have fished the IFA Navarre Beach event if it hadn't been scheduled opposite the BudLight. We'd sure like to hear from the anglers who fished this year, and will fish next season if we come back again.

Thanks again for the wecome, and hope we see you soon!
stardot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: IFA Redfish Tour Event at Navarre Beach

I fished the IFA in Navarre this weekend but usually fish the Bud Lite. I talked with a bunch of anglers that said they would have fished the IFA if it would not have coincided with the Bud Lite. I think the IFA will really grow in this area if given a chance. For those that havn't fished it; you really should give it a try.
reelthrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Grouper

I would have fished the IFA in Navarre if several circumstances would have been different, one being that I had to run the Boater?s World Shallow Water Slam (Bud Light is the offshore division). I honestly told you (the folks at the IFA) from the day when the dates were announced that you were making a big mistake and I somewhat feel as if you didn?t believe me. I am trying to figure out whether Orange Beach will be worth my while or not. Feel free to call me anytime (850) 255-7288...

Thank You,

Captain Chris Phillips
Chris Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
Snapper

we would have fished all threeifthis one wouldn't have been the same day as the bud light(no need fish the first one), but we may fish the last one in orange beach but haven't made up our mind yet.
user285 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
White Marlin

Quote:
Bow Down (6/23/2008)we would have fished all three if this one wouldn't have been the same day as the bud light(no need fish the first one), but we may fish the last one in orange beach but haven't made up our mind yet.

Ditto. Fished in Panama City, but not in Navarre....probably not going to the Orange Beach either.

Hall
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
Grouper

Doug,

You have the perfect boat for Orange Beach, can I borrow it??? :bowdown
Chris Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #7
Sailfish

Quote:
Chris Phillips (6/23/2008)Doug,

You have the perfect boat for Orange Beach, can I borrow it??? :bowdown
haha heard that! Im trying to borrow a bass boat that goes 70 plus. NO BS!

As far as other boats fishing...youwould have equaled the Panama City tournament numbersif it were not for the boaters world shallow water slam. I was dissapointed that I didnt get to fish the boaters world tournament though.

Brant Peacher
tackle rep
Brant Peacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #8
Sailfish

I would have to agree with Brant. If I didn't have to fish all 3 to make championship I would have fished the Boaters Wolrld Inshore Slam as well. Probably should have since I have been nothing but snake bit in the IFA events so far!!!! Oh well I will be in Orange Beach hope to see everyone else their. Hey Chris I will go ahead and say it on the forum I SUCK!!!!! There I will try to get more time off to prefish the next one just not in this state!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in