Gulf Power Plant Crist Fishing Tournament - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fishing Tournaments > Post-Tournament Discussions

Old 07-20-2015, 09:58 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Gulf Power Plant Crist Fishing Tournament

For it to be the 10th annual tournament...I was disappointed, with Gulf Power being the main sponsor and tournament director it was way different than the other Gulf Power sponsored events I have participated in. Mike you may want to hit up the GP marketing division for additional help next year. The tournament needs additional workers, food, drinks and advertisement. Very small turn out...but for a good cause "Ronald McDonald House". Seemed like most of the anglers were the sponsors. Maybe in the out years the tournament can be better organized with the rules, the weight in procedures (no time stamp or carbon copy paper for angler with fished weighed)and maybe do a fish fry for a better turnout.

Ronald McDonald House is doing some great things for the community. Thanks for all that you do for the family's in need every day.
baydays is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
Grouper

We fished it too. We had fun. I had never heard of it but it was the tenth annual. I won't say I know about every tournament in the area but I fish enough that I thought that I would have heard of it before if it was going on ten years.

I like the 3 fish slam format. It is a shame there wasn't more participation but there are only so many fisherman and there seems to be multiple events most weekends. Someone brought in a 37lb gag which is a STUD in my book. I have never caught one that size.

The way it worked out with fish only counting for EITHER the slam or the individual species, we ended up winning the king and the snapper.

Payouts were disproportionally high for so few entries so we decided to reinvest the winnings back into the Ronald McDonald house. They made some money for the house I hope. I have done volunteer fundraising before and sometimes it works well and sometimes not.

My favorite thing, and I wish more tournaments would do this, is at the end they moved everything along quickly because they knew everyone wanted to get home and clean up and they were right.
DreamWeaver21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
Snapper

The Marketing and advertising for the event is very poor. I have fished in it for last two years and just finding any information about the event is almost impossible. I have mentioned several times that I would help promote the event. I get very little response. Its a great event and a great cause. Just wish more people could find info about it and be part of the event. Sorry I don't mean to be negative. I know there is still a lot of work that goes into any event like this. Just me two cents.
Capt. Delynn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in