bud light fishing rodeo - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fishing Tournaments > Post-Tournament Discussions

Old 07-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
bangsticks
Mingo

Default bud light fishing rodeo

This was my first time fishing it being a new boat owner. My kids loved it . I have a 9 year old daughter that woke up at 4 a.m. both mornings she is hooked wants to follow a fishing rodeo circuit lol.
bangsticks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Nice! It was my first tournament as well...my daughter is 8 and she did the same thing, it just took a tap on the shoulder and me telling her it's time to go at 5:30, and 10 minutes later she was walking out of the house down to the boat She fished her tail off...too bad AJs weren't a category because she caught a ton of them. She's also already asking when the next tournament is Congrats to you and your daugher!
CoFlafisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

What an awesome family rodeo. We entered also and our kids had an awesome time. They carried their fish up to the scales, watched the officials take samples, check the fish and weigh them. The officials took the time to explain to the children what and why they were doing it. After the weigh in they were able to stand in front of the board and have their pictures taken. We left the tournament with my son 1st place King, 10 and under category, daughter 3rd place king, 11-16 category, and mommy with a 2nd place minog. Thanks to all the staff great group!!!!!!!
Sniper'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

That's awesome! I would have liked my wife to enter, I think she would have had a lot of fun, but I don't believe our 5 year old son could have handled it offshore...so it was a Daddy Daughter weekend Camryn was 2nd in the King Category for a while then got bumped out by the bigger fish... so great job to your boy on the King...how old is he? I think my boy might have a few more years before we hit the Gulf with him.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
Reel Insurance
White Marlin

We wanted to thank everyone running the tournament. Great event with some fantastic people. Looking forward to next year! And to team Rogue Offshore, that was an epic fish, congrats!
Kenton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
bangsticks
Mingo

I just found out outcast rodeo is this coming up weekend . I guess i know where me and the kids will be
bangsticks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Gosh, after spending 16 hours on the water this weekend, not sure if I could handle another tournament, hope my daughter doesn't hear about it...would be too hard to decline her wishes
Old 07-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

Thanks again to the staff. The award ceremony went smoothly. Great prizes. can't wait until next year.
Sniper'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

Has anyone heard of a protest of the winning fish in the Bud Light King Mackerel side of the event?
AWOL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL View Post
Has anyone heard of a protest of the winning fish in the Bud Light King Mackerel side of the event?

Yes. The story I heard is this. This is all rumors and I don't know if any of it is true.

Rxcape was entered in both tournaments that were happening that weekend (West Delta SKA tournament and the Bud Light in Pensacola). Nothing wrong with entering both tournaments. I assume they caught their fish on Saturday and weighed it in for the West Delta tournament and then came over to Pensacola on Sunday to weigh the same fish in for the Bud Light tournament which is allowed I suppose. I checked the SKA site and they weighed a very similar sized fish in the West Delta tournament so it is very likely the same fish.

The protest came because supposedly the person who signed Rxcape out at the captain's meeting didn't really fish with them. Whoever signed the boat out was entered in the tournament but Rxcape fished out of Louisiana without that person. When they came back to Pensacola to weigh in, they picked up the person who signed them out and went and fished right outside the pass for a few minutes with the sign out representative on board so they could say they fished with that person before going back to scales and weighing in their fish.

Like I said that is just what I heard but it seems to make sense because I was coming in Pensacola pass around 230pm on Sunday and saw the Rxcape boat coming from the east in the bay and heading out the pass. We went and weighed in around 3pm and they weighed in after that. I can't imagine why else they would be running away from Flounders at that time of day.

A copy and paste of the rules is below:
"All Penn King Mackerel Challenge registered boats are required to have a registered team participant that has purchased a general rodeo ticket present at the Captain/Angler meeting to sign out and to listen to rules and any rule changes! Official sign out will commence after the rules are reviewed. Boats are not eligible to fish until they have signed out."

I am assuming the protest came because the team that protested interpretation of registered team participant meant that the person needed to be on the boat when the team caught the fish or at least seriously fished with the team for the weekend.

I can see both sides. The sign out person was a registered angler and was on the boat to go to scales and technically fished during the tournament so by letter of the rule I suppose it is legit. On the other hand, the spirit of the rule is to have someone who is actually "a team participant" fishing with team at the meeting at Flounders. If what I heard was true I don't know that I would consider their sign out person a team participant in a material way. I assume since the fish won the tournament that the tournament committee decided that Rxcape followed the rules of the tournament.

It doesn't affect me either way. We didn't make the king board anyhow but it is an interesting situation if it is true.
DreamWeaver21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in