Any updates on the PFF shark tourney? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fishing Tournaments > Post-Tournament Discussions

Old 10-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Any updates on the PFF shark tourney?

I wasnt able to make this even this time due to boat problems. First one I missed since it started. So I have been thinking about it since this morning and keep thinking about it but trying not to bother my friends too much by calling them.

If anyone has an update please post it.....

THanks

Old 10-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
Trigger

Send a message via Yahoo to GMan
Default RE: Any updates on the PFF shark tourney?

Same here sniper, wish i could have been there.:reallycrying
GMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
Grouper

Last I checked it was 5'4 or 5'8 never got a clear answer on that for sure. As usual it was a blast lots of just plain good folks enjoying the party like atmosphere. We put two sharks in the boat both were under the 5'8" mark so we let one go about 100lbs and kept a smaller one for eatin. Lots of missed opsthough had 5 total runs friday night and missed the money winner last night right outside the pass had a brute on for a few minutes but he decided it was not his time and off he went........ Actually I choked and did'nt let him freespool long enough. There were some very large teeth marks in the mullet head I got back. Thanks to everyone for stoppin by to visit and meet other PFFers. On a lighter note I'm ready for a good coat of paint causeI feel sand blasted after all that wind!!!!!!!!!I'm still hearing that wind in my ears definitely kept the skeeters away just put the old tent to the test though seen some that did'nt fair to well.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
Grouper

we had a great time. it was nice to put some faces to the names. did not get the chance to meet you team kanemano. we were out fishing to 2:30 am saturday took chum chum exchange student andy with us. we had three nice runs on the barracuda. but couldn't put the hook in one! than when we got back to base. the oars on the reelhappy shark catching raft broke. didn't get them working to late saturday morning. and your right it was hard to keep the candles lit with all that wind. i to thank bonitadan crew for the shrimp boil, it was awesome! and the chunky love team for cut, clean and cook of the shark! that was also very tasty! lets do this again some time. o and banana tom you got a fine floating fishing home their! i want to know who won the tree? fish on!

team neptunes assassions
reelhappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #5
Blue Marlin

I'm not sure who was cooking the Shark under the blue canopy, But I want to thank them for sharing the fried shark with Me and my Wife. Probley would have nevergot a chance to tryit. Again thanks.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
Sailfish

we decided to take it easy on everyone and act like we were trying oke

not 1 run from a shark. we did get excited when a rod went off out at a wreck on friday night. every now and then we would think we snagged the bottom, but then it would take off. started thinking sting ray....an hour and a half later guess what?

caught it on a tekota 700 with 50# ande on a really long bottom rod. (the 30 is just to make the pic look cool lol) i'm not a fan of long rods at all especially with a long butt, if i had hooked this on a 5'9 standup rod he would have been in the boat in no time. anyways, we estimate 180 pounds. made a lot of gross-nasty chum. we couldnt help but thinking since sharks are related to rays that the blood from it might have deterred them?

it was a good weekend, glad to see some of yall, cant wait til the spring tournament, i think we might actually try this time. :moon
JoshH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
Sailfish

sharks love to eat sting ray! It's good bait I hear. I am kinda partial to them tho so I would have let him loose but to each their own. I havent done good on the tourneys yet but it sure is fun trying.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #8
Mingo

my buddy and i won it with a 5' 8'' bull shark

thanks for having us out there ....

see you next time so i can try and keep my title
JOSHua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Snagged Line (10/12/2008)I'm not sure who was cooking the Shark under the blue canopy, But I want to thank them for sharing the fried shark with Me and my Wife. Probley would have nevergot a chance to tryit. Again thanks.
That was <SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlPanelBar_lblUsername2>Clay-Doh.
Murphy's Law is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #10
Grand Slam

Congratulations <U>Ocean Man</U> - TheWinner of the 50/50 pot.

Total money collected was $346.00.

The winning ticket numberwas 718294.

So Ocean Man collected his $173.00, boarded his vessel with Nathan and fired up that outboard. He was on a plane in no time, hauling gear and allto the bank withthe cash.

Again, Congratulations Matt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However - he did notneed the Banana Tree donated by Banana Tom, which Clay-Doh says is a $450.00 value --- So we picked another number - that winning number is:

Will the proud owner of this winning ticket and fine Banana Tree please post here. I am waiting for you to reveal your identity and claim your prize.

We raised $173.00 for the RFRA - the cash is in route to the bank as well.

We had a blast!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in