St. Joe Bay Report - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Out Of The Area Reports > Inshore Reports From Out Of The Area

Old 10-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
Snapper

Default St. Joe Bay Report

We stayed last week out on the Cape. We had a house that was Gulf front but also had dock access on the Bay, which was as good as it gets b/c I could leave the boat in the water all week. Anyway, we had a great time and fished pretty hard on the day's the wind was not howling. The bay is really picking up with the water temp getting down around 79 now. We caught at least 15 trout every morning, and many many flounder, they are everywhere. Alot of thetrout we caught were 14.5". Wehad to work to find some keepers. They seemed to really be in the 3' water depth. All the flounder caught werefishedwith soft plastic red tailed grubs along the edges of sand and grassinbetweenBlacksIsland and Pigs Island.We hit a few of our deep holes that we have in the bay and did manage some snapper and grouper off of them. We had a great time and especially this time of year when there is noone out there. I was able to take a few pics on our last day out which not the most productive morning of the week due to wind and tides but we managed a few. I am not much on picture taking while fishing, I guess I like fishing more than snapping pics. All in all is was a good time and I cant wait to go back...its only going to get better over there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
White Marlin

Default RE: St. Joe Bay Report

sounds like a wonderful escape...glad you had a good time and sounds like the fish cooperated as well...thanks for sharing and i love sunrise and sunset pictures...those are beautiful...
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the worked are so formidable as the will and moral and courage of free men and women. It is a weapon adversaries in today's world do not have". -Ronald Reagan, USA
Ultralite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
Grouper

Awesome! PSJ is one of my favorite places to be. Great photos and congrats on some nice flounder!

www.outdooralabama.com
Coryphaena is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
Sailfish

Location: Ozark, Missouri - 6 miles from Bass Pro Shops' world headquarters; and the entire gulf coast area.

Great report, and great pics. St. Joe is one of Lane and mine's favorite fishing get-away. We usually fish there from Christmas to New Years. Looking forward to it already.
fishn4real is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in