St Andrews 9/8-9 inshore - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Out Of The Area Reports > Inshore Reports From Out Of The Area

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cory S.
  • 1 Post By stc1993

Old 09-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #1
Trigger

Default St Andrews 9/8-9 inshore

We camped at the park and I drug my yak out into the Lagoon yesterday and this morning. At my first stop yesterday I was casting to the end of a deep water dock on the main channel and had a big red straighten out the hooks on my bone spook jr twice on consecutive to casts. No joy on landing it, but the top water explosions on back to back casts were pretty exciting and got my blood pumping.

Moved into a side channel into a bait fish frenzy and caught many medium to small trout with a few ladies and lizard fish mixed in. This was on a white gulp swimming mullet with a white jig head.

Finally eased up into a flat around 830 with tailing reds everywhere. They were hungry and hit everything I threw at them, mostly large suspending twitch baits. Left them biting around 11 or so having had a blast and donating more than a few dollars worth of lures. The fish were all right around 16-18" not big but a ton of fun on bass tackle.

This morning I went straight back to the flat and there they were again, except this time they wouldn't hit a damn thing. I tried it all but they were spooky today vs frenzy yesterday. I finally rigged up a Texas rigged plastic shrimp on a weighted fluke hook figuring that it might not spook them so easily. Bam! That was the ticket. I caught 4 reds in pretty short order before heading back to camp to pack up and head home. I can't wait to get back in a couple weeks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
wtbfishin likes this.
Cory S. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
White Marlin

A nice size trout.
Cory S. likes this.
stc1993 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in