Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Late Season Scalloping:

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tiger297 
#1 ·
Any information on how the scalloping is in Carabelle or Crystal River?

Early reports weren't good at Crystal River and we can't make it down until the 20th of September so just trying to decide if we go scalloping or do something else.

#3 ·
Yeah I saw some posts about that unfortunately St. Joe will be closed before I can get back down there. The boy is all over my butt to actually get some scallops this year.

We have been to Crystal River twice, few days after Irma and the water was still bad and last year it was late in the season and we had a blast but only saw a few (like less than 5).

With the father in law starting radiation tomorrow pretty sure we will be down there even more consistently for the forseeable future but baseball started last night so scheduling is challenging.

#4 ·
Our friends have been doing good out of crystal river, going south a few miles out of the Chanel.
My advice- baseball is fun, but your son will remember a trip with you and time on the water the rest of his life, practice or a sweaty 9 innings, meh they’re a dime a dozen.

#5 ·
Appreciate the report, I'm really hoping to do Crystal River again the last weekend of scallop season. Primarily because I'd rather have my son do his checkout dives there.

If the scalloping in Carabelle is significantly better this year, combined with the free place to stay in Freeport, we will probably just do the checkout dives at Vortex Springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.