HOPEDALE LA OPEN FOR FISHING - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Out Of The Area Reports > Inshore Reports From Out Of The Area

Old 05-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Trigger

Default HOPEDALE LA OPEN FOR FISHING

The LDWF opened up our waters in hopedale La to fishing which was an unexpected but welcomed event. Thier is NO OIL inouyr imediate fishing grounds and I hope it stays that way too. THE FISHING IS ON To! I atrated out last weekend in thew windy conditions fishing th e redfish in the marsh and did really good nice boxes of redfish and drum mixed in.

Family tripI took my wife Angela and family Jacob, Daniel and Sarah out for relaxing evening of fishing Monday. We hit the water around 3 Pm and anchored up and it was not long and the rods were bending and the drag?s screaming. Sarah caught the first trout then Daniel hooked into a Red freight train but he got in the net after several long runs. Sarah was up next with the reel smoking out line and her squealing Then Jacob hooks into another one I was having a blast watching them catch those big reds.
Great evening trip nice breeze and cloud cover kept it cool. A great time with the wife and kids. Limit of bull reds and 10 trout PERFECT!
My daughter Sarah wita big red taking line!My youngest Daniel 11 got one on the line too.My oldest Jacob 17 with two back to back bruisers.Yesterday we got on the big trout and slammed 'emm.Capt. Gene Dugas Rather Be Fishing Adventures985-640-0569www.ratherbe-fishing.com
CAPT. GENE DUGAS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: HOPEDALE LA OPEN FOR FISHING

Capt. Douglas.

Glad to hear that the oil has not hit Hopedale. I've taken the wife over there a few times and done very well.
I was wanting to get away and do some LA fishing and now that I hear that it's ok, I might have to make a road trip.

Fishing in Pensacola has been great also, but as a guide here I fish these waters all the time and sometimes I need a change of scenery, if you know what I mean.

Once again, I've had all the LA captains in my prayers. I hope everything works out OK for you all.

Tight Lines.
Capt. John
user10309 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

Nice Haul!! Glad to hear your fishing grounds are open and clean right now. Hope they saty that way for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 04:55 AM   #4
Sailfish

Captain Gene- Sounds like it is time for me to head your way for a limit of big specks. Call me anytime when you think my girlfriend and I can put the hurting on the specks and post some pics like you have in the past.
Garmin 540S GPS/Bottom Machine
Sound by Clarion and Bazooka
Coastal Night Lights Transom LED's
Minn Kota Riptide Co-Pilot/Auto Pilot GPS Enabled Remote Control Trolling Motor
mdrobe2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in