Anna Maria island help - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Out Of The Area Reports > Inshore Reports From Out Of The Area

Old 06-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Anna Maria Island

Heading to AMI for vacation in a month and I'm hauling the yak and my fishing gear along...plan on getting a couple hours in every morning before the rest of the clan wakes up.

Has any of our pff members here ever fished there? Google maps makes that bay to the east of it look super fishy! I've done tons of research online and found a lot of info for the bay and gulf side of the island that was very helpful. Just wandering if maybe anyone on here has first hand experience of the areas that would be willing to share some pointers or just their expereience.
Shark Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #2
Snapper

Default Anna Maria island help

Anna Maria Island

Heading to AMI for vacation in a month and I'm hauling the yak and my fishing gear along...plan on getting a couple hours in every morning before the rest of the clan wakes up. Has any of our pff members here ever fished there? Google maps makes that bay to the east of it look super fishy! I've done tons of research online and found a lot of info for the bay and gulf side of the island that was very helpful. Just wandering if maybe anyone on here has first hand experience of the areas that would be willing to share some pointers or just their expereience
Old 06-12-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
Grand Slam

Im down here now visiting my sister. Fish on most of the flats grass flats edges, channels running into waterfront properties, around the Manatee longboat and Cortez bridges. Most is shallow. Although it has been about 50 years since I fished here and it has changed somewhat.
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2016, 12:28 PM   #4
Snapper

Thanks for the reply! Yeah my game plan was going to be put in under the east end of the manatee bridge and just start fishing the flats and mangroves to the south. I was also reading that snook cruise along the beaches pretty thick in July. Do you have any beach snook words of wisdom?

We're all really excited to visit there, it looks like a great place to relax with the family!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2016, 03:02 PM   #5
White Marlin

Vacationed there many times. Tiny island and very laid back. Whenever I fished it was with a small local charter but plenty of places to yak fish. I never really went with the intention of fishing. Plenty of bay inshore area around the island.
2RC's II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in