Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

YR trip

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  billyb 
#1 · (Edited)
Me and my neighbor launched at River's Edge this morning. Fished 4 hours and caught 4 bass each. Had more strikes, but didn't boat those. Let all go to be caught again someday.

#6 ·
No since I just got my old Tracker out of the shop I wanted to run it. Went all the way to Carr Landing and showed my neighbor Corbin's Island. Ran perfect.

Dad's boat still needs a little work. New prop came yesterday. Put new gas in tank and cranked it up and it finally started peeing. Don't think the waterpump was the problem, but it has a new one now. Noticed the lettering was not legible so had to replace those. Bought a 2" coupler so I won't have to change balls on my truck. The winch strap is broke so ordered a new one. Waiting on the keel guard and I bought a MK quick release with an extra base so I could use the same TM on both boats. After I launch the trailer bunks will probably need carpet. Maybe use it the next trip.

#8 ·
I am sure you did better than us. We both have all the latest tackle, but neither of us is any good at it. Started out with spinnerbaits. He caught all of his bass on watermelon craws. I snagged a couple on those, 1 on a beetle spin and 1 on a wacky worm. 8 bass in 4 hours ain't great, but we had fun.

Ordered me some burlap bags last night so I could bait me a sucker hole. Getting close to that time. Since I joined the club on the river I will fish after I get down out of my stand and until I get back up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.