Yates Lake report - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fresh and Brackish Water > Fresh and Brackish Reports

Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By Bodupp
  • 2 Post By Try'n Hard
  • 3 Post By jlw1972
  • 1 Post By Bodupp
  • 1 Post By lees way2

Old 04-17-2019, 10:48 AM   #1
Blue Marlin

Default Yates Lake report

Ol' Cod and I had a plan. We were going to find a treetop with some crappie on it and tie off and soak minnows until the livewell was full.

Crap.

We knew of two places that held crappie last week, so we went to the best one. This being a Tuesday, and only two vehicles in the parking lot, we figured we had the lake to ourselves.

While launching, a game warden pulled up to launch. Friendly guy, and I helped him launch since he was alone. Said he was going to assist some biologists doing shock-sampling, and if they found a mess of crappie, he would hunt us down and tell us where he found them.

Cool.

We proceeded to our first spot and there were two fatass old retired farts sitting on it. How sweet. We went a short distance away to a crummy alternate spot and I hooked up on the first cast! Bass. Stinking old bass.

Heard the other boat crank up and leave so we moved in to their worn-out spot and slowly put 5 crappie in the boat. Cod said move, so we went to spot #2. Coon tracks. Total chocolate milk, but we tried anyway to Noah Vale.

Now we're clueless, so Cod wants to try a new area, which we did, which sucked. He did catch a nice yellow perch, but that was it.

The game warden found us and had bad news. They only shocked one crappie, but he said they shocked a 2 & 1/2 pound shellcracker! He held his fingers about 2" apart and said it was that thick across the shoulders. Cod has been antsy about shellcrackers all this year, and that fired him up! So I guess next week, we get sticky pink worm slime all over our fingers.

Oh, on the way back to the ramp, we stopped at spot #1, and a different boat of fatass old retired farts were sitting on it. I guess we're gonna have to find a better secret spot, or go on weekends to avoid these nasty old men.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2019, 08:39 PM   #2
Grand Slam

I hate those old retired farts. Fish during the week - usually on Thursdays. Keep everything. Crap in the parking lot at the ramp
Bodupp and jlw1972 like this.
Try'n Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2019, 09:04 PM   #3
Grand Slam

Go fish one of my spots. They’re so secret the fish don’t even know about em.

Joey Welch

Blazer Bay 2170 Yamaha 200

jlw1972 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

Cod and I are going searching for shellcrackers in the morning. He gets to twitching and wiggling all over thinking about shellcrackers. Said it makes his blood pressure redline. The only thing that rattles him worse is turkey gobblers.

We were sitting together in a shooting tower, year before last, waiting on a deer, when eleven stud gobblers strolled out in the field, beards dragging the ground, and proceeded to feed until they were beneath our tower! I thought old Codwrinkle was going to have a come-apart! He got to twitching and shaking and his eyes rolled back in his head -even the bill on his cap curled up!

If he starts that crap tomorrow, I'm gonna have to hose him.
kmerr80 likes this.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #5
lees way2
Grouper

If ya make sure ya feed him good before yall get there and give him decaf coffee he should be ok, just dont tell him its decaf.Oh yea dont forget a power aid bottle for the decaff.
Bodupp likes this.
lees way2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in