Eufala report - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fresh and Brackish Water > Fresh and Brackish Reports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Eufala report

The fish ain't biting, but we eating good. Water color is perfect, but the duckweed has taken over. Can't throw much in this mess.
billyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #2
RMS
Grouper

Wish I was there.
Hope it gets better!

SEPTEMBER 7, 2018

"LAKE GEORGE IS 1.93 FEET OVER FULL, 80 S
Bass fishing is good. Top water early is a great. Think frogs and swim jigs in the shoreline grass and pads and Pop R’s and Spooks on points around the mouths of main lake pockets. A Bang O Lure with a rear prop works well early in the pockets around stumps for a quality bite. Secondary ledges and ditches on the main lake flats should hold some bass. Try crankbaits or slow roll spinnerbaits along the ledges. Main lake ledges should start to hold good numbers of bass soon. Find the greener grass patches. Blue and black jigs with blue trailers work. Trick worms also do a good job. Carolina rigs around deep cover with a creature bait also work. Also try this rig with the Zoom lizards.
"
Old 09-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #3
Sailfish

Baited a catfish hole yesterday with soured corn snd some dogfood with maggots. After bass fishing went after cats. Nothing but turtles. Going to set some bush hooks tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Eufala report-20180908_151402_1536438608046-jpg   Eufala report-20180908_151355_1536438655711-jpg  
fishwalton likes this.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:53 PM   #4
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Baited a catfish hole yesterday with soured corn snd some dogfood with maggots. After bass fishing went after cats. Nothing but turtles. Going to set some bush hooks tonight.
BillyB you are becoming an expert on baiting holes for turtles. Maybe a bush hook tonight will catch a fish.
fishwalton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2018, 01:28 AM   #5
Sailfish

Set 20 bush hooks and moved my catfish hole up Kowicki Creek about 6. Just checked the lines and had 3 about 2#. This has been an expensive trip. Pulled my boat to catfish on and my motor won't pump water. Ran perfect last weekend. Having to use my trolling motor. My neighbor's house was hot when we arrived. The dryer on his AC unit was bad. $370 bill. The golf cart wouldn't charge. $500 for batteries. In his Ranger 1 deep cycle battery was bad along with his cranking battery. $200 for those. Trying to load my boat I bumped the trailer and took a swim. Eventful trip..
Old 09-09-2018, 08:41 AM   #6
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Sounds like bad news bears episode.... on the other hand 5 bills fer golf cart batteries ain't bad (must be a 36 volt), I usually have to pay close to 1K... Gotta do that soon when I take my cart to OPP to have it worked on too!!!!

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2018, 12:22 PM   #7
Sailfish

Caught 1 2#channel. Sat at my baited hole a while and nothing. Was dripping with sweat so called it off. Most of the minnows were still on the lines so the bite didn't happen last night. Still fun to get away for a few days.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #8
Sailfish

Ended our trip today. Only caught 7 cats in 2 nights of bush hooking. Used my trolling motor to run them. Went about 2 miles up and back 5 times and still had battery left. A pontoon boat was on the water early and had about a dozen noodles out. Something was on one of them when I passed. Husband and wife on boat. She was catching crappie off the bow with a breambuster and minnows. They said they caught 48 last Friday. I know how to fish, but just ain't that good at it.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #9
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
White Marlin

Have been enjoying all the Eufaula reports. Interesting trip and something different.
Mullet still elusive at the holes around here. Saw a video 2 days ago of acres and acres of them in the middle of the bay.
fishwalton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #10
Sailfish

Our trip was costly and yesterday my neighbor tells me he either left one of his hearing aids at the lake or he lost it on the drive home. Said he paid $5200 for the pair.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in