Bass Fishing On Escambia - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fresh and Brackish Water > Fresh and Brackish Reports

Like Tree12Likes

Old 12-10-2019, 02:00 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Bass Fishing On Escambia

I've been doing more bass fishing than normally and I tell you, I kinda like it. The bite has been great. We have been getting our limit of largemouth in about an hour or so fishing two people. We kept a few the other day but this morning we just tanked them for pictures and released them all at the dock. We got there after 8 and was home before 11.
Attached Thumbnails
Bass Fishing On Escambia-78486471_3056941610987410_955143543435821056_o-1-jpg   Bass Fishing On Escambia-79264828_10106482038305326_7372232873056665600_n-jpg  
Getsome, Bodupp, jcoss15 and 2 others like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2019, 03:16 PM   #2
White Marlin

The bass fishing this year has been amazing on the rivers, we have had some great trips.
Capt Glenn Flowers likes this.
jcoss15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2019, 05:12 PM   #3
Grand Slam

Glenn please tell me your not about to buy a glitter boat and start running up and down the river with a motorcycle helmet on?

Nice job on the bass.

Blazer Bay 2170 Yamaha 200

JoeyWelch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2019, 05:33 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyWelch View Post
Glenn please tell me your not about to buy a glitter boat and start running up and down the river with a motorcycle helmet on?

Nice job on the bass.
Nahh, my boat can practically run with the best of the bass boats yet far excels in all other areas, especially as a multi-species boat. We fished for bass today because they bay was crappy and the bass are biting good.
JoeyWelch likes this.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:29 PM   #5
Grouper

Hey Capt....are you fishing the lower end or are you further up? If you do not mind me asking....just replaced the front and back deck on my 16’ tracker and wanted a starting point....Thanks in advance!

Last edited by WAHOOU39; 12-11-2019 at 12:54 PM.
WAHOOU39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2019, 06:51 AM   #6
FISH A HOLIC
Snapper

i wasn't going to post this but it keeps gnawing on me. My girl and I wer bassn this past Sat and sometime after noon we found ourselves in Saultsmans cutoff. A highsided red Tracker boat came past us from behind and shut down about fifty feet in front of us and started bass fishing the same bank we were on. I know they were in a tourney because that morning i saw them all take off and most were wearing light blue hats. So my thing is.....is it ok for a tourney fisherman to cut off a non tourney fisherman? I paid my 5 bucks at the launch as otheres did, I bought a fishing lic like others did.

Well I didn't care for it too much and cranked up to go on down the cutoff and when I passed him I told him it's pretty F'ed up that he cut me off and started fishing in front of me. He started to holler something back, but I kept going and gave him the number one sign.

I just think it's bad sportsmanship to do that. rant over.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by basnbud View Post
i wasn't going to post this but it keeps gnawing on me. My girl and I wer bassn this past Sat and sometime after noon we found ourselves in Saultsmans cutoff. A highsided red Tracker boat came past us from behind and shut down about fifty feet in front of us and started bass fishing the same bank we were on. I know they were in a tourney because that morning i saw them all take off and most were wearing light blue hats. So my thing is.....is it ok for a tourney fisherman to cut off a non tourney fisherman? I paid my 5 bucks at the launch as otheres did, I bought a fishing lic like others did.

Well I didn't care for it too much and cranked up to go on down the cutoff and when I passed him I told him it's pretty F'ed up that he cut me off and started fishing in front of me. He started to holler something back, but I kept going and gave him the number one sign.

That's pretty messed up. Each angler should give each their space on the big open river, I won't even fish an area if I see another boat. I prefer to be alone when fishing in the river.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:27 AM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHOOU39 View Post
Hey Capt....are you fishing the lower end or are you further up? If you do not mind me asking....just replaced the front and back deck on my 16’ tracker and wanted a starting point....Thanks in advance!
Whites river
Old 12-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #9
Grand Slam

Quote:

We’re plagued with those idiots over here. I have the same problem a couple times a year while perch fishing. I give em the same respect they give me.

Saw one last year that was in such a hurry he run his whole boat out in the woods. Came hauling ass into the bank and killed his outboard and jumped in the bow grabbing for his trolling motor then realized he was going to fast but it was to late to get back to the console. Hit the woods and started cussing and throwing stuff like it was somebody else’s fault.

I’ve been fishing a bank and have these idiots pass me 30’ away running 70 mph.

Blazer Bay 2170 Yamaha 200

Last edited by JoeyWelch; 12-17-2019 at 02:32 PM.
JoeyWelch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2019, 01:53 PM   #10
White Marlin

Quote:

No this is not alright, they think there at the classic or something, just for some local bass tourney bragging rights.
jcoss15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in