Venice Offshore-Variety - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Old 02-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Venice Offshore-Variety

<P align=left>Thursday, I was invited to fish with ricky thomas, owner of Blue Runner food company, along with sales director eric newman and two of their buddy's, charlie and tommy aboard the 35ft Blue Runner triton. After discussing the plan wednesday night over drinks and a steak the decision was made to target wahoo. After arriving offshore in the a.m. we found life everywhere. The birds were working open water schools of pogies and there was a mixture of blackfin and yellows only they didn't want to cooperate. I covered 6 rigs and several open water stretches with no results and switched gears to butterfly jigs looking for a little white meat. My first stop resulted in a breakoff on a large ufo and we rebounded, landing a cobia in the 35lb class. Next drop was rewarded with another cobia in the 50lb class. We bounced around a little more and with time running short for charlie due to a scheduled meeting later on in the after noon we added one more cobia to the box and broke off three others. At the last stop we began picking up some of the prettiest scamp grouper I have seen in awhile. I gave it a whirl myself and up pops a scamp that we called close to 20lbs! along with another close to 15lbs and several others. Perfect way to end the day and hands down some of the best table fare. Friday I ran a trip for Paradise Outfitters. The hetch crew was down on a batchelor party and a little fishing as well. All of these guys were college buddies from back in the day. Onboard for this group was New Orleans Saints defensive tackle john stentchcomb. The day started looking for wahoo and on the second pass in open water we pulled the hooks on a blackfin and then Capt. Eddie hooked up to a mako right next to me. I lent him my flying gaff and continued fishing. With no love from the wahoo we made our way a little further offshore in a sloppy sea and settled down for an afternoon of tuna fishing. After going thru 964,521 hooks due to the every popular king makeral and other assorted toothy critters, we persisted and fished till dark picking up three small yellows in the 30lb class on the chunk and headed in thru storms and fog. Saturday was scheduled for four people but ended up being two due to two falling to the wayside. Onboard was steve from La. and harold from Seattle. Neither of these guys had caught a wahoo and really wanted one. I made the decision to run away from the crowds and on the first pass put a nice wahoo in the box. Two passes later we put another wahoo in the 45-50lb class in the box. The rest off the day was spent hunting hoo's and covering alot of water. With storms building to the north and near 4:00, We made one final pass and harold was rewarded with his first wahoo. A very nice 63lb fish. Sunday mornng I woke to thunderstoms and wind. We reschedule the trip for a nicer day. The fishing in venice remains steady on a variety of species and should get only get better once the unstable weather pushes thru. Give me a call to book your next trip and enjoy the pics.Also I have openings for friday and sunday. Give me a buzzz.

Captain William Wall
Pelagic Charters
Venice, La
Attached Thumbnails
Venice Offshore-Variety-dsc_0397-small-jpg   Venice Offshore-Variety-dsc_0398-small-jpg   Venice Offshore-Variety-dsc_0402-small-jpg   Venice Offshore-Variety-dsc_0415-small-jpg   Venice Offshore-Variety-dsc_0417-small-jpg  

Venice Offshore-Variety-dsc_0422-small-jpg   Venice Offshore-Variety-dsc_0473-small-jpg   Venice Offshore-Variety-dsc_0490-small-jpg   Venice Offshore-Variety-dsc_0487-small-jpg  
captain william wall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Default RE: Venice Offshore-Variety

nice cobes! and stud scamp. never seen em that big before
Captain Woody Woods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
Jigging Member
Grouper

Great trip...
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
Trigger

Nice job guys.:clap
NaClH2O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
Snapper

Thanks for the post and pictures. Broom Tails whow
user6993 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #6
Trigger

dude i saw one of the small cat charter boats on the way offshore yesterday in the mp 313 block about 10 am..... those guys really wanted to go it was 6-8 and they hadn't droped off in the deep water yet.... we flew over them after they turned around... about 5 minutes after i watched them drop in a wave valley and disapear......
Old 02-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
Trigger

I bet he had a nice time!
captain william wall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
Grouper

Great report and pics...you really gotta start using that mountain icon when you post reports...it will insert them for you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in