Venice Offshore-Pelagic Charters - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Old 10-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Venice Offshore-Pelagic Charters

Have been doing a lot of catching up here at the casa due to the fact that the wind is blowing hard enough to move lawn furniture around for the last week or so. High pressure and strong east winds make for “no bueno” in the offshore department. I have been filling in my time making preparations for the upcoming hunting season, molesting little freshwater fish and even got in on an alligator hunt before the season closed last month. Despite such appealing activities, I for one will be glad to get back offshore and taste a little salt. A man can only stand so much reality TV, cup-cake wars, bike build offs, people with 3000 cats in their house, and who really gives a crap about basketball wives. Who comes up with this junk? There is hope. The forecast is calling for the winds to subside early to mid week coming. No doubt in a nick of time. I fear I will destroy the big screen at the thought of dancing with the stars. Sorry, got a little off track there for a moment. Our fall run of “big” fish has started, with most being caught behind the boats. The beauty about Venice is you can have your cake and eat it too. You can fish the floaters for the “smaller” fish that have been running up to and over 100lbs or you can opt for the bigger models behind the boats. We have been using 130-150lb floro behind the boats and 80lb floro at the floaters. There have really been some studs laid up behind the boats, making for some serious excitement when they come up next to the boat taking everything you put into the water. There is also no shortage of giant blacks right now and you have to weed thru them to get a shot at a big yellow but they are there. My best so far has been a 184lb fish and we broke off another that was visibly larger than him. The cobias are in full swing here which makes for quick action on the way back in. They have been averaging 30lbs or so with some going over 50lbs plus. They have been really on the jigs with curly tail trailers. No color seems to make a difference. Now is a perfect time to come down and check Venice out for yourself. Cooler temps will soon be upon us and I suspect next week some serious monsters will be laid to rest on the docks of Venice Marina. I wanted to give a big thanks to Chris and Brian with Titan Tackle. I have been working with these guys over a year trying to come up with the perfect stand up rod for our style of fishing here in Venice. Chris is in close with the guys at Seeker and is really on the money with these rods. The bent butts we have been working on are all Seeker blanks with Aftco rollers and butts. These rods feature a fast tip which allows the rod to work the fish instead of the angler. Chris has also been working with the Hercules blanks and he has just about put the finishing touches on what I think will be the perfect wahoo rod. I haven’t broken anything so far and I have put them thru the paces. Check them out at Titantackle.com for everything from custom rods to custom bamboo gaffs. I still have some days left in this month and it should be stellar. Give me a call to book your next trip in Venice.

Captain William Wall
Pelagic Charters
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Venice Offshore-Pelagic Charters-dsc_0091-small-jpg   Venice Offshore-Pelagic Charters-dsc_0114-small-jpg   Venice Offshore-Pelagic Charters-dsc_0135-small-jpg   Venice Offshore-Pelagic Charters-184lb-yellow-shrimpboat-small-2-jpg   Venice Offshore-Pelagic Charters-184lb-yellow-shrimpboat-2-jpg  

Venice Offshore-Pelagic Charters-dsc_0107-small-jpg  
captain william wall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
White Marlin

good report capt.! enjoyed the read and got a good chuckle...much continued success to you and crew...
Ultralite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in