Tuesday 8/18 a swing and a miss - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By fishboy

Old 08-19-2015, 09:11 AM   #1
Grouper

Default Tuesday 8/18 a swing and a miss

man it was sporty yesterday. We eased out and put wahoo lures in the water around 16 miles SE, had one fish on for a few and the hooks pulled, then the jet on the way back got the skirt cut off right behind the head but somehow didn't get a hook in it. That was trolling 14mph and easing through the confused seas. We set up a real spread NE of the nipple and worked through lots of fliers and all around a school of blackfin with nothing but a knockdown. Finally around noon right before the heavens opened up and the black clouds swallowed us we had a white come in and molest our flat line. It was the only non ballyhoo rod in the water and the drop back and tease proved ineffective. We hauled ass at 1pm and barely skirted a huge wall cloud and storm that was between P'cola and OB. There was one big boat out there I didn't see a name, but I bet they caught fish, it was very active in the 300-450' range. I wish the storms didn't run us off.

Sorry I don't have pics of a marlin that we can all argue over. Maybe next time

Southbound Apparel
Locally owned, designed and distributed
fishboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #2
Kim
Blue Marlin

Was it flat out there? When I drove over the Destin bridge it looked pretty flat and made me wish I was fishing. Sounds like baitfish was abundant, what was the water color like? Glad you were able to get out and have the thrill of a bill fish in the spread. Maybe next time it will all come together.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2015, 03:02 PM   #3
Grouper

It was 2-3 and very mixed up in the morning, calmed a bit mid day and the ride back was easy with a rear quartering sea until the shelf cloud of doom that had a 30mph plus line of wins in front of it about 8 miles out. That got interesting but was fairly isolated. Water was a little blue and there was river grass but no real lines made up. Plenty of flying fish from 3"-12"+

Southbound Apparel
Locally owned, designed and distributed
fishboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in