• 1 Post By Fish Eye
  • 3 Post By jjam
  • 1 Post By marlin77
  • 2 Post By PELAGIC PIRATE
  • 1 Post By Magic236

Old 09-18-2014, 01:10 AM   #1
Mingo

Default Summer recap 2014

It been an exciting and fast paced year for me. First we moved to Gulf Shores granted to was from just down the street. I quit my job to sell real estate and boats with one of my best friend and to top it off myself and longtime friend John McInnis decided to start the Flora-Bama Fishing Rodeo.
Needless to say the summer has flown by and I’ve hardly posted a report or two. With that said I thought I dig back in the memory banks and try to recap another great season of fishing. I think when I left off we had fish the Mobile Big Game fishing Club Memorial Day Tournament on the Miss Print were we won top small boat and chunk change in tuna, dolphin, and tag & release calcutta as well as top club member. From there I went straight into the final prep for the Flora-Bama Fishing Rodeo which by all accounts was a great success. If you didn’t fish it this year put it in the calendar for next year. Once that was behind me it was right back to fishing mode. I met up with Keith and the boys on the “Whoo Dat” in Sandestin for the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic. The weather was awesome and we fished some beautiful water and some great looking lines but were only able to manage one white marlin and a few dolphin and tuna nothing really to weigh in.
The next trip I can remember is the Blue Marlin Grand Champion out of The Wharf once again on the “Whoo Dat”. We live baited Ursa and Medusa the on Friday there was tons of bait around all day and people were catching fish we just never got our number punched. The next day the next day we started working our way back on the troll fishing Thunder Hawk, Thunder Horse and the surrounding rigs. We lost two blues that pulled the hook after having them on for a couple of minutes one over 400. Ended up with a couple of dolphin and tuna. I’m not completely positive but I feel like my presence on that boat may be bad luck for the both of us. Hopefully we can turn thing around next year.

Things get kind of fuzzy for me after the Wharf with the weeks and days just blending together. I know I fished the Outboards only tournament and the Rebel Yell out of the Blue Water Jupiter. We really didn’t catch anything noteworthy in either tournamet. In the Outboards only we won all our money back by sweeping the wahoo Calcutta with a 20 ponder and for the second year in a row we didn’t catch shit in the Rebel Yell.
We did a fair amount of exploratory deep drop and day time sword fish trips with mixed results catching plenty of grouper and tile fish also found the mother of all barrel fish spots. I also caught my first pomfrit along the way and squeezed in a scallop trip to Port Saint Joe as well.

We did manage to get in on the first couple of days of the red hot white marlin bite before it turned into a parking lot out there. Our first day of fishing was on a buddies single screw wooden boat and we ended the day 0 for 10 on whites conservatively not counting what might have been a couple of doubles or fish that we saw but didn’t eat. We also lost a blue and a sail. I’m still not quite sure what to think about that. We didn’t fish the next day but a buddy did and the killed it. So we went back in my boat on Friday and ended up going 0-1 and catching a bunch of tile fish at the end of the day.

We planned on getting the band back together for Labor Day on the Miss Print but it looked like it was going to be rough as shit and there was football on. So we ended up chartering the “Lady D”. Which turned out to be a great move. We went 3-5 on whites and 2-3 on swords plus a couple of dolphin and tuna. We ended the trip winning 4th place tag and release plus top angler and top club member. The Calcutta money covered our bet and we all went home with some good eats.

The next trip was with a buddy of mines boat and a couple of his friends. We decided to bottom bounce and it paid off with a nice haul of white snapper, beliners, scamp and tile fish. Wish I would of fished this past weekend sounded like the fish were chewing with just about everyone I know catching multiple billfish. With that being said who’s fishing the Kenny Vines tournament next weekend? It should be a great fishing weekend if the weather holds out. Man I love fishing this time of year!!!!

Memorial Day Video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d47mu44lvqrbgiy/Miss%20Print%20Memorial%20Day.mp4
Attached Thumbnails
Summer recap 2014-angelo-sword-jpg   Summer recap 2014-angelo-tile-jpg   Summer recap 2014-award-1-jpg   Summer recap 2014-award-2-jpg   Summer recap 2014-award-3-jpg  

Summer recap 2014-bait-ball-1-jpg   Summer recap 2014-bait-ball-2-jpg  
Realtor likes this.
Fish Eye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 01:13 AM   #2
Mingo

More pics
Attached Thumbnails
Summer recap 2014-barrel-jpg   Summer recap 2014-group-sword-2-jpg   Summer recap 2014-pomfrit-jpg   Summer recap 2014-rip-jpg   Summer recap 2014-tile-fish-booker-jpg  

Summer recap 2014-trolling-jpg  
Fish Eye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 01:29 AM   #3
White Marlin

Awesome summer of fishing fun!

Thanks for sharing!

Summer recap 2014-fix-jpg

Summer recap 2014-fix1-jpg

Summer recap 2014-fix2-jpg

Jimmy
jjam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

That is one of the sickest rips I've ever seen.
Fish Eye likes this.
marlin77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #5
Grouper

SHOW OFF

Great Job Angelo : You fished really hard and it paid off :

Great seeing you at the last tourney , hopefully we will get out soon in my boat
Magic236 and Fish Eye like this.
PELAGIC PIRATE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
Grouper

Great season
Fish Eye likes this.
Magic236 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
Sailfish

Very nice hauls . Thanks for the reports .
Old 09-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #8
Trigger

Definitely jealous of the results but I know how much time and money goes into it so you deserve it. Hope to fish together before too long. Definitely a year to remember for you thus far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in