Reel McCoy blue marlin and BIG tuna - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
Senior Member
Grouper
 
big blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 848
Default Reel McCoy blue marlin and BIG tuna

Reel McCoy blue marlin and BIG tuna!
Thought I would post a report for Kenny after the great weekend they had on the Reel McCoy. On Saturday they caught a 162 lb yellowfin and Sunday tagged a blue marlin! The old Bertram sure raises fish! I was fishing out of Venice on Game On and we caught 4 nice dolphin, 1 weehoo, 3 or 4 nice(70-80 lb) yellowfin, a bunch of small yellowfin which we released and broke off a BIG blue marlin! The Tiagra 50W got hot and locked up.(Yes a Shimano locked up!) An awesome fish, the 2nd biggest one I've ever seen! Sounds like the fishing is good right now and congrats to everyone! Tight lines!
big blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
Senior Member
Trigger
 
superchicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 246
Default

Nice! Were you live baiting when the blue hit? Word is they are pretty thick at the moment outta Venice. Good post.
superchicken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
Senior Member
Grouper
 
big blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 848
Default

No we were actually trolling, she ate a short rigger and came immediately out of the water. She jumped twice more but I missed those two 'cause I was frantically trying to clear lines! Big 'ole girl!
big blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
Blue Marlin
 
Pinksnappertrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: P-Town
Posts: 4,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big blue View Post
Reel McCoy blue marlin and BIG tuna!
Thought I would post a report for Kenny after the great weekend they had on the Reel McCoy. On Saturday they caught a 162 lb yellowfin and Sunday tagged a blue marlin! The old Bertram sure raises fish! I was fishing out of Venice on Game On and we caught 4 nice dolphin, 1 weehoo, 3 or 4 nice(70-80 lb) yellowfin, a bunch of small yellowfin which we released and broke off a BIG blue marlin! The Tiagra 50W got hot and locked up.(Yes a Shimano locked up!) An awesome fish, the 2nd biggest one I've ever seen! Sounds like the fishing is good right now and congrats to everyone! Tight lines!

Congrats Kenny, You deserve it. Who owns Game On now?
Pinksnappertrapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
Senior Member
Snapper
 
Capt. Myles Colley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: pensacola
Posts: 423
Default

Kenny always gets hot this time of year. Did he catch the tuna in close?
Capt. Myles Colley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
Senior Member
Snapper
 
Captain Jake Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 555
Default

Milo, pretty sure he said they were just south of the nipple when they caught the tuna. He's back out there today, hopefully he'll continue his hot streak
Captain Jake Adams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
Senior Member
Snapper
 
Capt. Myles Colley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: pensacola
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jake Adams View Post
Milo, pretty sure he said they were just south of the nipple when they caught the tuna. He's back out there today, hopefully he'll continue his hot streak
Nice surprise from the Nipple!
Capt. Myles Colley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
Senior Member
Snapper
 
DISANTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: P Cola
Posts: 494
Default

Wirelessly posted

Amazing. Congrats!
__________________
DISANTO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
Caspr21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,862
Default

Good Job Kenny! Congrats!
Caspr21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
Senior Member
Trigger
 
superchicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big blue View Post
No we were actually trolling, she ate a short rigger and came immediately out of the water. She jumped twice more but I missed those two 'cause I was frantically trying to clear lines! Big 'ole girl!
Wow! Well she will be there next time....Pretty cool to see though coming out of the water like that, once in Venice this fall we saw a real nice blue greyhounding and wearing the small yellows out. I guess she got full as she was not seen again.
superchicken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.