Offshore Venice, La.--Super Strike Charters - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Old 06-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
Mingo

Default Offshore Venice, La.--Super Strike Charters

It has definitely been somewhat of a crazy last week. Weather forecasts were all over the place and the sea conditions were also. Current was playing a big factor in the wave height the past couple of weeks mixed in with the changing wind directions and we basically had a head sea no matter which direction you went. All I can say it I am glad to be in a catamaran hull. However, as of yesterday it was pretty much flat calm and it seems like we are now getting into the sea and wind conditions that are typical for this time of year. The forecast for the next five days is 1 foot. I will start with the fishing from yesterday. Capt. Will B, Capt. Alex M. and myself ran different groups. Capt. Will had Richard Wright, I think this is his 3rd year rescheduling. I am very glad he got out yesterday and is actually offshore right now with Capt. Will chasing Tuna. They finished their day with a nice limit of Red Snapper, a bunch of Mangroves, 3 Cobia, and 3 Scamp Grouper. Capt. Alex had the Cantafrio group from Connecticut for Two days. On June 1 they got a late start due to airline problems the day before so they didnít leave the dock until about 10:00 a.m. and easily caught their limit of red snapper along with a few mangroves. Yesterday they went long for Tuna and went 5 for 7 on Yellow fin and easily finished off their day with a nice limit of Red Snapper. I took out the Whisenhunt group from Texarkana. They finished their day going 2 for 4 on Yellow Fin Tuna and easily caught a nice limit of 10-12lb. snapper. The Tuna were feeding aggressively yesterday, busting right next to the boat. We hooked one right next to the boat with about 3 ft. of line out. Needless to say it was awesome to see a fish explode within arms length. I donít know how he didnít hit the side of the boat. One of our fish took a very long time to land, just one of those that had it in him. The offshore fishing is heating up. Seems as though everything is right on track. The Dolphin are here but not the big numbers just yet. Itís coming though. The fishing is good, the weather is cooperating the best it has in a while. Weíve got open days and are ready to take you out fishing.

Give us a call.

Capt. Damon McKnight
Super Strike Charters

www.superstrikecharters.com
[email protected]

Attached Thumbnails
Offshore Venice, La.--Super Strike Charters-1171-jpg   Offshore Venice, La.--Super Strike Charters-1170-jpg   Offshore Venice, La.--Super Strike Charters-1169-jpg   Offshore Venice, La.--Super Strike Charters-1168-jpg   Offshore Venice, La.--Super Strike Charters-1167-jpg  

Offshore Venice, La.--Super Strike Charters-1166-jpg   Offshore Venice, La.--Super Strike Charters-1165-jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
Mingo

Whats up with the dead blue?
team_A_II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #3
Mingo

AII

I didn't get the story on the blue. Someone brought it in earlier that day and hung it on the scale next to the fish board. Got mixed up with our pics. I will get the story today and post it.
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Strike Charters View Post
AII

I didn't get the story on the blue. Someone brought it in earlier that day and hung it on the scale next to the fish board. Got mixed up with our pics. I will get the story today and post it.
SSC, I'm not trying to be that guy.......but I damn sure wouldn't have posted a pic of a dried up Blue with it's bill cut off regardless of how awesome my catch was. I've seen your catches in the past and have looked at your website so I'm confident of your integrity. Some times discretion is the better part of valour. Your catches are damn fine too. Good fishing to ya.

Last edited by Robbr; 06-06-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Robbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in