Offshore venice La - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Offshore venice La

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Been having an interesting time here in venice. HAd a pair of day trips go out with Capts Hunter and Lee on fri while I was supposed to run an overnighter with John Hook. Got up around 930 to a thunderstorm so ended up cancelling my overnighter and stayed around the dock till my guys got in with some good stories. They both had 6 yf each although hunter won the big fish pot with a 153. We pushed Johns trip to saturday where he went out and caught a couple yellows and some other assorted fishies.<P style="MARGIN: 0px"><P style="MARGIN: 0px"><P style="MARGIN: 0px"><P style="MARGIN: 0px">I ran another overnighter on sat night with Harold Moses and crew. We had a heck of a good trip. Started out with a yf on a popper out long. Put our livies in the water and picked away at them and ended up with 6 yf in the box before dark. Ran a little over to the east for the night bite and got on a great blackfin bite. Most of the blacks were 18-25 pounds. We had no yf action at all then so we started piling the blacks in the fishbox. Around midnight we had 15 or so blacks in the boat plus the 6 yf. WE made the decision to take a little nap before we got back on teh bite. Around 215 we made teh move back to the rig and immediately got on a yf bite again. At 4 am we put our last yf in the box to give us a total of 11 yfs and 15 blackfin. <P style="MARGIN: 0px"><P style="MARGIN: 0px">We put all these fish in one of my two boxes on my boat. If theres one thing about the palmetto the fishboxes are huge.<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
Capteddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
Snapper

Default RE: Offshore venice La

great report i still remember the time we had Van over there and he was so drunk we couldnt get him out of that bar
Midnight Run is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #3
Trigger

What you remember I choose to forget. What I remember vividly is watching him try to cut chum for about 2 seconds before I took back over. I thought he was going to lose a finger, hand, or maybe his whole arm.
Capteddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
Snapper

and you didnt have to ride back to pensacola with him. he would burp and i thought i was going to get drunk. it was a great time. Im going to try and get a group to come back over and fish with you again
Midnight Run is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in