Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Old 01-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo

Well, I hope everyone's new year is starting off right. I made it back into town last thursday night from a six day waterfowler's dream hunt in north Oklahoma and Stuttgart, Arkansas. I swapped trucks and down to Venice I went for a private boat trip friday with mike bales and his guest, Monsignor Nolte and father jimmy. This trip was on mike's boat and we left in fog so thick you could taste it. After a very long day of scouting new area's for wahoo it was not to be. The days take consisted of 5 blackfin tuna that fell for stretch 30's. Saturday I had Mr.Otto Mutzberg and his son little otto and other son brian for a two day exploit. Saturday morning as usual the fog was as thick you would've sworn we were in Transylvannia! We left a few hours later than normal due to the threat of weather and headed down river and tip-toed our way thru the fog and down river. I went to a different area than the day before and weeded through three different rigs and bamm! Solid strike and first wahoo come aboard! We would end up going six for ten and got chased off by the threat of a very ugly storm building in the distance. Made it back to the marina with lightning chasing my prop wash. All fish were from 35- 65lbs. Sunday the guys insisted they had enough wahoo meat and wanted to try for yellowfin. I tried everything but vise-grips to convince them to go back for more wahoo but they really wanted some fresh yellowfin. Sunday was a little more sporty and after a quick stop at the lump I was greeted by nasty water and kingfish. I had enough of that after five minutes and headed south. First stop looked good but after an hour and no marks or blow-ups on live mullet I headed further south in a sloppy chop. Second stop looked much better with a few markings. First drift with a chunk was a hook-up but the fish pulled in the cables. We stayed with it and ended up pulling a hard earned yellowfin in the 65-70lb class. Mr. Otto was a pleasure and took perfect care of their yellowfin carefully wrapping every steak. They headed back to Georgia with a big smile and a several coolers of meat. Yesterday was captains day to play. Myself, along with Capt. Scott Sullivan of Mexican Gulf charters and my deckhand Will left the marina at 10:15 and started fishing at 11:45. The wahoo were on fire. We stopped at six, giving ourselves two fish a piece. Total knockdowns were 12. Made one pit-stop for scamps and picked up three and an aj on butterfly jigs. We headed for the barn at 3:15! These fish ran from 40-70lbs and were very aggressive. The fishing will only get better and the lump should be anyday now. Take care and good fishing. P.S. i HAVE OPENINGS FOR THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY IF ANYONE WANTS TO GIVE IT A GO.

Captain William Wall
Pelagic Charters
Venice/Grand Isle,La
Attached Thumbnails
Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0223-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0226-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0233-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0236-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0240-jpg  

Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0255-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0259-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0269-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0280-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0299-jpg  

Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0317-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0325-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0351-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0354-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0360-jpg  

Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0379-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0384-jpg   Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo-dsc_0400-jpg  
captain william wall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Default RE: Offshore Venice-Fog and wahoo

damn that is a wahoo ass-stomping right there. some fat ones, too. some of the best colors i have ever seen on a hoo. nice work. here are the pics for a little easier viewing...

the last one is my favorite. i cant tell if those darker filets just have seasoning on them or if they are already cooked with some awesome looking special sauce?
Captain Woody Woods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
Sailfish

Send a message via MSN to David Ridenour Send a message via Yahoo to David Ridenour

Nice bunch of hoos for sure, Thanks for fixing the pictures Woody.
David Ridenour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
Trigger

Thanks for the pic help.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Trigger

Blue Hoo- Those wahoo loins are coated with black sesame seeds. The red coloring is rooster sauce.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

Quote:
captain william wall (1/7/2009)Blue Hoo- Those wahoo loins are coated with black sesame seeds. The red coloring is rooster sauce.
what is this rooster sauce you speak of? cuz that dish looks DAMN good....of course though the crown is at least 80% of the reason i like the picture...
Captain Woody Woods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in