Merry Christmas from south Louisiana - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Old 12-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Trigger

Default Merry Christmas from south Louisiana

Nothing sparks the air like Christmas, especially down here in south Louisiana. Duck season is in full swing as well as deer season, camp tables and kitchen tables alike covered with pork roast, fried turkey, duck gumbo, dirty rice and a slough of other goodies that make people that live up north jealous of us. And with the arrival of Santa Claus sometime late tonight, I can only imagine the amount of Christmas bulbs that are burning in the bayou parishes given the fact that Cajun people love them some Christmas lights and decorations of such. I remember when I was a child, my father was taking me to Montegut and while passing thru Houma, I believe he ran about 15 red lights because there were so many Christmas lights on the main drag! Santaís mode of transportation varies according to what part of the Bayou he has to go to. Anything north of I-10 you can bet the sleigh is going to be number one, given the terrain. In the basin, you can bet the pirogue is going to be his best bet for sure, sliding from one camp to another, quietly slipping thru the darkness with stealth like precision, filling stockings with shot-gun shells, decoys, wool socks, new Lacrosse boots and anything else you would think that a young boy or girl would want for Christmas down here. Once he hits the marsh, with the development of surface drives, he probably blazes his way across the ponds making quick work of his duties and keeping the ducks on their toes for the lucky ones fortunate enough to hunt on Christmas morning. Everyone know that leaving cookies for Santa is the golden rule, but you can bet he looks forward to making the trip down here. Freshly steamed boudin links wrapped in aluminum foil and little brown paper bags filled with cracklins are always a hit. Just remember to put a paper towel in the bag so Santa doesnít get grease on his coat. Between the magic hours of 1:00 am and 3:00 am, little boys and girls that have come equipped with a mental alarm clock, will be sneaking around the camp or living room looking for signs of Santa. Cajun children are natural born trackers. Once the trail has been established, itís no time until the gifts are found and shaken for identity, all the while being very careful not to break the wrapping paper and alarm mom and dad. By this time, Santa is heading back north to complete his journey, carefully navigating his way thru flocks of geese and ducks while leaving bayou country. And you can bet he is impressed with the lights. I would like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and happy new year.

Captain William Wall
Pelagic Charters
Venice, La
captain william wall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Grouper

Good post and Merry Christmas!
big blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in