MBGFC Limited Results?? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Old 07-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default MBGFC Limited Results??

Anyone have any reports / results from the Limited tourney?
gotwasabi? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
Snapper

Fished it and didn't catch a single fish. Ran all the way to the nakika to start. Scattered grass everywhere and it was void of much life. Went to horn and some other rigs and it was much of the same. Constant clearing of lines from all of the grass. Pulled hooks on a dolphin and what we believe was a wahoo. Not a great way to start out on the first trip out with the new boat. Get them next time
cliff k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Snorkiller
Trigger

We Fished it and Had a similar result as cliff. Trolled the elbow, 131, and down to the spur. Scattered grass everywhere and 1 decent weedline south of the 131 with nothing on it. Heard alot of boats on the radio getting skunked as well. 2 whites and 1 sail were caught that I know of. Not sure about the meat fish. We caught 1 small dolphin and lost 2 mystery fish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
Squid technician
Grand Slam

Y'all suck

Just kidding. Hopefully I'll find more cooperative fish over the course of the next couple days.
Saturday 9-9
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

My neighbor in OB had first place tuna with a 100 pound yellowfin. Don't know about any others.
whatcon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
Mingo

Default 30# Dolphin aboard the My Share at the Spur

We fished the MBGFC's Billfish Limited tournament aboard the 32' Regulator "My Share" based out of Destin. As usual, the club puts on a first class tournament - thank you very much!

We had the "Marcia Avenue Fishing Team" from New Orleans on board with Rob, Coty, Ken, and Jeff. Departed out of Sportsman's Marina on Friday night after captain's meeting enroute for the Double Nipple. West Wind and waves kicked up under some clouds in the night so I decided to turn toward the spur to keep everyone dry and in good spirits. Arrived at the Spur and saw a bunch of big convertibles working the area. The water conditions were just OK.

Trolled with the big boys for a couple of hours with only 1 small dolphin bite. We found a spot that was fishy with small tuna busting every now and then, and holding plenty of bait. We switched over to live bait and continued to work the area hard. Got a nice dolphin on the line with some girth. I felt that our odds were good to get on the board since the fishing was not very active. With the pressure off (a little), we continued to live bait and had a small blue marlin grab one of our livies. He jumped and instantly spit the hook. Captain's error - I had sized down to very small hooks and leader trying to get those yellowfin to bite. Unfortunately, too small to stick the blue.

With only 1 keeper fish, we picked up about 3:30 and headed for the 131 hole where I found a nice rip line forming up. We trolled it for a couple hours without a bite then headed in.

Glad to see our dolphin held up for 2nd place. Only about 6 dolphin were weighed total. The next morning headed back to the club for the awards breakfast. Once again, MBGFC put on a good show with plenty of prizes and a nice "happy gilmore" check to end a trip that could have been more fishy, but with great company and good results, turned out perfect!

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
MBGFC Limited Results??-dolphin-mbgfc-2012-limited-allende-trip-jpg  
matttheboatman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
Sailfish

Very cool Matt! I just made the connection between Mattheboatman and Matt from Galati and Ft Lauderdale! I was at Crab Island today in Destin and had this sweet looking Regulator go by and saw that it was My Share. Great looking Reg!

RDD
2010 24 Hurricane Deck Boat
2001 Contender 25 (sold)
MSViking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #8
Mingo

"Happy Gilmore Check" where is My Share Matt?
Good Job Bro,
Congrats again.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
White Marlin

Nice fish Matt!
whome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
Mingo

Hey Robert,

Yep, thats me. Matt Condon - I work for Galati Yacht Sales / Destin and operate the Signature Yacht Shares and Signature Yacht Charters for Galati.

I enjoy your generous posts. It would seem we both have the same affliction (passion for fishing blue water!).

Mc
matttheboatman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in