Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Like Tree4Likes

Old 08-08-2016, 11:51 AM   #1
Grouper

Default Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY

Have Not been able to post the last three trips over the last 6 weeks as i have been so busy its been impossible. As most who have fished know its been on fire out there and we have been just setting a pace i don think we can ever match this year . The sheer number of big tuna this year has been amazing and the Marlin catch number for our boat have went up 10000% , haven't seen many dolphin fish or wahoo but there has been enough of them each trip to make some meals.

Trip one:

Went out trolling the rip that was around 90 miles out and went 12 for 24 on marlin in two days of trolling with 1 blue and 11 whites being tagged along with a huge 180 pound tuna we caught chunking on a floating cooler top at noon. The heart breakers on the were a couple 3 giants we hooked at night loosing all three at the boat at gaff for various reasons beyond my control. One of the fish i had hooked on a 30 accurate with 80 pound and the fish nearly killed me over a 2 hour battle where i had the fish at gaff and my buddy scratched the fish with the gaff and it took off for another hour and a half only to loose it right at the boat when the fish decided to shake its head and spit the circle after all that time. when that fish came up the first time we thought it was a bluefin it was so big till we saw the 6 ft long sickles , unfortunately it may have been state record yellowfin. The day trolling on that trip proved to be some of the most productive marlin fishing we had ever had and it all came together that day due to the sheer amount of shot we got which was just amazing. Almost every fish came up on the squids chains and ate the short rigger bait which was a sight to see for all aboard.Weather on this trip was flat calm the entire time we were out.

Trip two:

Had all my boat partners aboard for a all star trip which included a few friends for a full boat of anglers . On this trip we focused at mainly rig fishing we caught 21 yellowfin tuna between 20 and 130 pounds catching them every way you could imagine including the troll, jig , chunk, poppers, live bait ect... we had less productive Marlin sighting but still hooked and released 3 whites during the trip. We lost several huge yellowfin on this trip on spin tackle and poopers maybe for the good as some true giants were mixed in with the smaller fish making popper fishing difficult for the angler.Weather was amazing the enitire trip but it was 100000 degrees during the day.

Trip three:

Sort of a veterans/ wounded warrior get together with a bunch of friends of mine who all have served our great country. We set out to tuna fish and troll as usual and this trip didn't disappoint again. We had amazing weather and amazing fishing for big tunas. We caught the largest yellowfin i have ever seen taken on spin tackle in my boat tipping the scales at 181 pounds which ate a jig at 6 am 1 half miles off a rig we were drifting. The guys thought it was a shark till it came up 2 hrs later, which i have no clue how in the world they were able to put enough drag on it to get it to come to the boat ( i was sleeping at the time of catch) but some how they did , and some how the tiny jig hook held on and the 60 pound flouro did not give way and my shimano stella didn't break: truly amazing feat if you ask me. We caught another fish the same exact size on the troll later that day on a 50W with 100 pound line and a 400 pound leader and that fish nearly killed my angler as he fought it from noon to 2 pm. We only caught 8 yellowfin trolling , live baiting and poppers but 6 of the 8 were way over 100 pounds so we had to cut the trip short due to no more room after 30 hours at seas. again the weather was fantastic except the heat index of a pizza oven.

enjoy the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4331-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4330-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3987-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3990-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4009-jpg  

Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4021-jpg  

Last edited by PELAGIC PIRATE; 08-08-2016 at 04:07 PM.
PELAGIC PIRATE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2016, 11:57 AM   #2
Grouper

Default more pics

enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4050-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4197-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4204-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4221-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4236-jpg  

Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4238-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4283-jpg  
Old 08-08-2016, 11:58 AM   #3
Grouper

Default more pics

enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4298-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4299-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4328-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4315-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3895-jpg  

Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_0023-jpg  

Last edited by PELAGIC PIRATE; 08-08-2016 at 04:16 PM.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #4
Grouper

Default more pics

Attached Thumbnails
Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3900-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3911-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3927-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3931-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3934-jpg  

Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3941-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3946-jpg  
Old 08-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #5
Grouper

Default more pictures of the trip

here you go
Attached Thumbnails
Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3695-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3690-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3672-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3648-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3646-jpg  

Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3968-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3960-jpg  
Old 08-08-2016, 12:14 PM   #6
Grouper

Default couple more

here they are
Attached Thumbnails
Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4204-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4037-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_4050-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3927-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_3911-jpg  

Lady J likes this.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #7
IT'S ALL GOOD !
Sailfish

Killer !
Old 08-08-2016, 12:59 PM   #8
Snapper

awesome!!!
atlantacapt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2016, 04:15 PM   #9
Grouper

Default more pictures from the trips

few more to enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_0062-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_0032-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_0025-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_0020-jpg   Late Reports from last three trips aboard GET SHORTY-img_0030-jpg  

Mgoody73 likes this.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:17 PM   #10
White Marlin

You are just killin' it!
Bill Me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in