Fun in the sun sunday!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bquared

Old 05-30-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Tuna 05/29

It was a great day on the water! We got to the launch by 5:00 AM and headed out to where the blue water had pushed in close (see LOOKS EPIC on the forum). We set our spread and headed east. Immediately, the starboard flat line goes to screaming! It has been a year since I have heard that beautiful sound ! We jump on it hoping it is a Wahoo, but in reality it turns out to be one of the biggest Bonita's I have ever seen! Looked like a good size BFT. Well we reset and continue our course for the next (2) hours...nothing .

We decide that we are going to change directions and head back west to where one of our friends had a decent trip in about 190-250ft of water. No major weeds, no flyers, no busting fish around bait, but what the heck, it's called fishing. We continue on and wham, this scream turns out to be a nice 25lb wahoo ! Head shot after 15 minutes and dinner is on ice! Thirty minutes later, and WHAM, the starboard long rigger line begins to SCREAM and the dumping of a 50W begins. Nice long run and I buckle my youngest son into the belt and the fight is on!! . Thirty minutes later, he taps out and my next oldest son locks in and begins the process of getting the fish to the boat. Everybody thought it was a BIG Wahoo, but I had a little bit different perspective since I was helping with the rod. Ten minutes later, we see the color and the sickles in the cobalt blue water and yes it is my kids FIRST Yellowfin Tuna! A few minutes later, a well placed head shot and now 2 out of 3 fine eating fish are on ice. Need a BIG Mahi to round out the menu. However, the deep did not yield any more fine Pelagics and nothing was caught trolling the rest of the day, but not complaining.

Getting to the Snapper grounds, we catch our fair share of 14" snapper which were sent back to Davey Jones Locker, only to be consumed buy the Dolphin Cruise enthusiast!! We place one legal one in the boat, three (3) Kings on a drift line and off to home base we travel since the weather began to blow up and we had been on the water for 12 hours.

No complaints though, great day on the water with my two youngest boys and good friends, memories made, pictures taken, stories told and planning of the next trip into Blue Water was mentioned by all!!! This is why we fish and if you have kids, get them off the couch and on the boat!! You will never, ever regret it!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fun in the sun sunday!!-tuna-jpg   Fun in the sun sunday!!-fish-jpg   Fun in the sun sunday!!-dinner-jpg  
Bodupp and Don White like this.

25' Sea Cat (Not Mine!)
30' Pro Kat (Not Mine!)
54" Viking (I Dream About! )

Last edited by bquared; 05-31-2016 at 02:01 PM. Reason: ADD PICTURES
bquared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2016, 12:16 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Very nice, great day on the water.
ebbtide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2016, 01:48 PM   #3
IT'S ALL GOOD !
Sailfish

Great job guys !

Old 06-01-2016, 02:11 PM   #4
Snapper

Ben said y'all had a good day! Great pics!
dorado74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2016, 03:28 PM   #5
Snapper

Congrats sounds like ya'll had a blast and looks like your going to need a bigger grill!
how2fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in