Fat Jax 12/2-3/17 Rig Report - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Like Tree7Likes

Old 12-04-2017, 11:13 AM   #1
Grand Slam

Default Fat Jax 12/2-3/17 Rig Report

Fat Jax is washed and back in its house Ended up the trip with 20 Blackfin Tuna (10-15 Lbs ea.) so about 200 Lbs of chum  We did hook into a could much larger Tuna, but the hooks pulled (#theonethatgotaway) lol Sharks out there were few, I only got Sharked once (so I guess the final count was 20.5 Tuna) Weather was great until the trip home, 90 plus miles straight into a 3-4 foot head sea spaced just so the entire boat fell into the trough of every third wave set. That just pounded us like bruised marshmallows (picture that… )…. I’m going to feel this for a few days…. I LOVE going to the #oilrigs, so the pounding was worth it in the end…. Great to spend some time with my Brother. Now, I’ll get the chum made over the next few weeks and make another run later this winter or early spring…. #tunafishing

The water was as clean and clear as I can remember seeing it. I'm sure it was blue, but the cloud cover wouldn't allow it to show its true color and beauty...
Attached Thumbnails
Fat Jax 12/2-3/17 Rig Report-dscf1008-jpg   Fat Jax 12/2-3/17 Rig Report-dscf1009-jpg   Fat Jax 12/2-3/17 Rig Report-dscf1010-jpg   Fat Jax 12/2-3/17 Rig Report-dscf1011-jpg  
Ultralite, Bodupp, MrFish and 3 others like this.
Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2017, 12:35 PM   #2
Green Eggs And Ham
Grand Slam

DANG!!! Nice job Jim! It's time you get the go pro going and post some vids.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:11 PM   #3
Trigger

That one hell of a chum run.
O-SEA-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 01:36 PM   #4
eating tasty
White Marlin

Good trip Jim! Let me know if you need any human help to eat that delicious "chum!"
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
Ms Ruth 07 Pursuit 265LS
Sailfish

Excellent catch, sucks about the sea conditions, bet that hurt like hell!
70 Wellcraft 17' (sold)
80 Starcraft 16' (sold)
bcahn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #6
Trigger

Had a blast with you brother. Let me know when you want to beat me up again. I'm sore. As always thanks. I might have got the first one but you out fished me. never happen again.
The Hired Hand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #7
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boat-Dude View Post
DANG!!! Nice job Jim! It's time you get the go pro going and post some vids.
I spend a lot of time on editing the videos... I had it along, but with the action and me trying to fish too, just didn't use it... I would like to get some videos of something besides the Shark Fishing though.... someday maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-SEA-D View Post
That one hell of a chum run.
I will need another run (or 3,4 or 5) like that. I go through a good bit with the Charter biz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
Good trip Jim! Let me know if you need any human help to eat that delicious "chum!"
Remember our first time out there? we left about 9 o'clock at night and that was about 9 or 10 years ago., we only got one little blackfin, if I remember right. we lost a cedar plug first off around the MP255.... wham "welcome to rig fishing...." ... Josh, how time flies....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hired Hand View Post
Had a blast with you brother. Let me know when you want to beat me up again. I'm sore. As always thanks. I might have got the first one but you out fished me. never happen again.
mark, I'll take you along every time you can go. I know I was ready to sell the boat Sunday afternoon.... but.... ha ha I may hang on to it for a while.... Love to spend time and fish with you.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:36 PM   #8
eating tasty
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
Remember our first time out there? we left about 9 o'clock at night and that was about 9 or 10 years ago., we only got one little blackfin, if I remember right. we lost a cedar plug first off around the MP255.... wham "welcome to rig fishing...." ... Josh, how time flies...

Yeah that was a fun trip, got me hooked! I remember being wiped out on the way back in and you were cool as a cucumber, wide awake. I asked you the longest you'd ever stayed awake and you told me something like 5 days. That's when you start hallucinating and smelling colors!

Time does fly, since then you've helped me sell a house, buy a house, I've had 3 kids... I miss fishing out deep on the regular but I'll be back teaching my little ones one day. I still try to go once a year so keep me posted if you ever need crew for another chum run.
Ultralite likes this.
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2017, 08:42 PM   #9
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
Yeah that was a fun trip, got me hooked! I remember being wiped out on the way back in and you were cool as a cucumber, wide awake. I asked you the longest you'd ever stayed awake and you told me something like 5 days. That's when you start hallucinating and smelling colors!

Time does fly, since then you've helped me sell a house, buy a house, I've had 3 kids... I miss fishing out deep on the regular but I'll be back teaching my little ones one day. I still try to go once a year so keep me posted if you ever need crew for another chum run.
lol ha ha I remember that night well. I'll get you back out there my friend. if you ever need anything, you know my number...
Old 12-04-2017, 09:00 PM   #10
Sailfish

nice trip, jim
if you need a good gaffer......welll....uh
lol

jack
jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in