Cabo San Lucas - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Old 01-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Cabo San Lucas

I was curious to know if anyone had been billfishing in Cabo? I will be heading out next friday for 5 days and was open to any charterrecommendations. Ihave been looking at Pisces Sportfishing and they seem to be doing really well each day. Thanks for any help.
boggs187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
Snapper

Default RE: Cabo San Lucas

I fished with those guys a few years ago they were great.
Capt. Myles Colley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

I have been to Cabo three times, but at least six years ago. Fishing there was even better than advertised. I've been in May, June & Oct. Did real well all times. Not sure how well they bite this time of year when the water is cooler. The Striped Marlin is the predominate fish. Also a lot of Dorado & yellowfin. I also went out on a panga one time and slaughtered the Rooster Fish near shore. Pisces are good. In the warm monthes everyone trolls around in the morning and early afternoon. Then about 2 P,M. they start sight fishing for the Striped Marlin. They surface with their dorsal out of the water. Boat pulls up in front of itl One of the mates casts a live bait on a 4/0 Penn, and about 50% of the time they nail it.

Good Luck
cptskinny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
Mingo

I was in Cabo the first week of Dec. and fishing was , to me great , the captain said it was a little slow .We hooked 6 striped marlin and tagged 3 . I just went down on the docks and found a boat that needed an extra person . I had to pay for 2 people which was only $250 for my half . It wasn't the prettiest boat , but we did as well asthe other couple hundred boats that were out there . I can't wait to get back down there again .
FOODDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
Cigar Minnow

Went to Cabo last April and fished with pisces. Great trip and accomodations we tagged 4 stripes on a 6 hour trip and saw close to 50 cruising along the surface and some that were free jumping. It was the best day of billfishing i have had. If you want to step up to a nicer fleet check out Picante. They mostly fish newer cabos but are much more expensive. All of the boats were producing when I was there. Anyways good luck to you and don't drink the water no matter what they say. You will regret it.
swedishfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #6
Snapper

Sounds good I will report my trip when I get back. thanks
boggs187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Jim Dillon own the El Budster, not a fancy boat, but cheap and they catch fish, I get his fishing report daily and for example, yesterday they caught 8 striped marlin. His charters are are $450 a day before bait and tip. Search El Budster on Google. Great Captin and mate!!
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
Trigger

The wife and I are heading there for 5 night in late March. We bought a cruise thru USAA and upgraded to balcony and they gave us a 5 night stay at Pueblo something nother Resort for free the website looked good say it a 4 star resort well see. Tell us how you do.............:letsparty
Last Drop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
Mingo

Picante is the only one I will go with ever again, These guys work for the fish,,,I went with minvera's two days and they would not leave 10 miles from shore. The guys on picante told me they will go to the fish and I booked them on the last day of my trip and we went 40 miles offshore and caught 6 striped marlin and missed many others. Ask for ricardo as the captian/mate. (They are more expensive but worth it, 1250.00 for a 33ft 2006 cabo
Old 02-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Pieces is the way to go. Talk to Juan Beltran and tell him you want to get hooked up the Cabelero "31 cabo " busted up the stripes their in Oct . fished two six hour days and caught 38 stripe marlin ... these guys will put you on them!!!
rippndrag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in