12/29/08-12/30/08 Report (Rigs) - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

Old 12-31-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
Grand Slam

Default 12/29/08-12/30/08 Report (Rigs)

:banghead after hitting theback button like a BIG dummie :banghead

Took off from Sherman Cove about 3PM on the 29th towards the Rigs. We had a good following seas, so the trip out was pretty good. That all changed when we arrived at the Petronius, super confused seas around this rig. We managed to jig up 5-6 good BFT's, The weather was calling for the wind to lay down, so we decided to hit the Marlin rig. The BFT were busting the surface for a few minutes then they would disappear. We just jigged them andcaught about 12-15 more, released more than we kept. After getting the snot beat out of us by the seas, we decided to try and get a few Z's. Mark put a small BFT on a shark rig and we started the drift. Strong West to East current and NE wind made for a slow drift. 5 hours later, we only drifted 5 miles from the Marlin with nothing on the shark rig.

We then trolled back to and around the marlin, noting. so we headed towards the neptune. The seas started o lay down about 9AM, s things are looking up. Nothing between the Marlin and Neptune, made a trip around the Neptune, and a Bonito slams the Cedar plug in the white water. repeated this 3 more times and 3 Bonito on at a time, we head towards the small rigs around the MP 255. After donating several of those expensive Jigs to davy Jones, we decide to move on.....

The seas are getting better now, so we try a new spot on the way back to pensacola. AJ and Snapper heaven. I caught the LARGEST snapper I have ever seen, Got her vented and she ran tote bottom like a scolded dog. :banghead I should have taken her picture I say to myself:banghead Mark says you should have take a picture of "that one":banghead:banghead:banghead I must have forgotten I had a camera, I did get several shots though.

Enjoy,

This sunset was so cool, I have never seen a "V" in the sky like this before. To bad the picture does not show what it looked like:banghead

later,
Realtor is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
Your mom's a
Grand Slam

Default RE: 12/29/08-12/30/08 Report (Rigs)

Good job Jim.

You really should have gotten a pic of that snapper. Those are rare you know, might never catch another one.
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
Sailfish

Sounds like a fun trip. Why didnt you put out a couple swordfish rigs instead of the shark rig?
JoshH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Grouper

Glad you got out, Jim! Nice pix of the sunset & glad it laid down for you out there.... Thanks so much for the fish! That was so awesome of you to share, and I can't wait to cook it up for the party- you added my personal favorite to the menu.

www.outdooralabama.com
Coryphaena is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
Jim T's sworn enemy!
Sailfish

So,no picture of the snapper huh Jim? Dang it,forgot what they look like. Glad to hear ya finally made it out.
'73 McKee craft 14
PFF Redfish Regatta Trash Talkin Champion '07,'08,'10. Robbed in 2011! Unworthy in 2013
"Take a fish boating"
bonita dan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in